Eu result!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes He did get some applause I think that was from Marine Le Pens camp

Will be interesting to see whether down the line Nexit and Frexit ever get put to vote..

Mind you don't know ehether brexit will happen for sure yet :-?
We had a democratic vote, we are out and that is that,or
do we have another one and if the result is reversed then have another one as the minority aint happy!

do we have another one and if the result is reversed then have another one as the minority aint happy!

I am not saying I agree with another referendum, but it isn't legally binding and any new PM doesn't have to activate it.. they could ignore it completely. Its a tough one because activating it our economoy could well tank or not activating it political suicide..

Again not saying I agree with it.. I don't envy anyone going for it

We work to pay tax

Refer to my first and only post (before this one) Edit sorry I did post before so three I think

It's my belief that your vote matters nothing. There are bums on seats around tables far more grandiose than a building in Brussels. And that's where real deals are made.

This is all planned, market manipulation, military strategy, house prices, taxation, more removal of rights, read into it what will.

I believe it's a mere hand full of people who run this world.

But I sure as sh*te won't be loosing any sleep over any of this. Life will go on.

And we'll just keep paying tax ;-)

I've always said they will never let us leave the plan is to build an empire and we are messing up the plan

Refer to my first and only post (before this one) Edit sorry I did post before so three I think

It's my belief that your vote matters nothing. There are bums on seats around tables far more grandiose than a building in Brussels. And that's where real deals are made.

This is all planned, market manipulation, military strategy, house prices, taxation, more removal of rights, read into it what will.

I believe it's a mere hand full of people who run this world.

But I sure as sh*te won't be loosing any sleep over any of this. Life will go on.

And we'll just keep paying tax ;-)
Yup life will go on and you are dead right
we will still keep paying tax

Political powers see democracy as a hindrance that gets in the way of their money grabbing fingers

What Covrich said is correct about it being legally binding, plus I believe the rules of the referendum mean a second can be held if less than 75% of voters turned out and leave gets less than 60% of the vote. Leave only got ~52% and 72% of voters turned out

What Covrich said is correct about it being legally binding, plus I believe the rules of the referendum mean a second can be held if less than 75% of voters turned out and leave gets less than 60% of the vote. Leave only got ~52% and 72% of voters turned out

I read this too, not going to happen. There would be riots if they didn't leave and worse if a Norway type deal was struck were free movement was still in place.

But the leave side knew that there would be no free trade deal without free movement, they were just lying, and Alexander (BdPJ) is still lying saying everything will be tickety boo, well for him perhaps, he can always go home to USA.

That junker is absolutely spitting. We've definatley pished on his chips :D Thing is most politicians (both the innies and outties) now know we can't leave so things will be dragging on for months while they faff about. I'm no fan of Farage but over the coming weeks and months he's going to be gettting right up the nose of junker :lol:

I read this too, not going to happen. There would be riots if they didn't leave and worse if a Norway type deal was struck were free movement was still in place.

I doubt there would be riots if a second referendum was placed, probably a lot of protests but that rarely gets anywhere in this country.

Plenty of people have come forward saying they regret voting leave, I think remain would get over 60% of votes if there is another.

That junker is absolutely spitting. We've definatley pished on his chips :D Thing is most politicians (both the innies and outties) now know we can't leave so things will be dragging on for months while they faff about. I'm no fan of Farage but over the coming weeks and months he's going to be gettting right up the nose of junker :lol:

I reckon he should just keep turning up.. next time chewing a bendy curved cucumber.. make a huge mess on the lectern then vac it up with a high powered vaccum cleaner..

I doubt there would be riots if a second referendum was placed, probably a lot of protests but that rarely gets anywhere in this country.

Plenty of people have come forward saying they regret voting leave, I think remain would get over 60% of votes if there is another.

We dont really do rioting in this country (we used to do lots of it a few centuries ago) so that's why the outies won as it was a protest vote without much thought to the consequences. The thing is, if there's a second referendum I think the innies would win but that anger boil by the outies wouln't have been lanced and perhaps they would be even more p-ed off. Would we see more extreme voting at the next general election? More UKIP politicians or even further right wing voting?

We dont really do rioting in this country (we used to do lots of it a few centuries ago) so that's why the outies won as it was a protest vote without much thought to the consequences. The thing is, if there's a second referendum I think the innies would win but that anger boil by the outies wouln't have been lanced and perhaps they would be even more p-ed off. Would we see more extreme voting at the next general election? More UKIP politicians or even further right wing voting?

You're going rightwards, whatever. Scots out, or West Lothian question answered = permanent Tory government so they can do what they like. EU employment rights legislation overturned, more profits, less pay. The turkeys voted for Christmas.

The FTSE 100 has surged through the level it closed at last Thursday, recovering all of the ground it had lost in the wake of the Brexit vote.

The FTSE 100 share index closed up 3.6% at 6,360.1 after a flurry of last-minute trading.

At the close of trade on Thursday last week, before the referendum vote, the FTSE 100 ended the day at 6,338.10.

The pound also strengthened against the dollar and euro.

Analysts said the sharp recovery in the FTSE 100 was unexpected.

"It is safe to say that, of all the post Brexit outcomes discussed across the City over the past few months, 'buying frenzy' was not one that was viewed as very likely," said Chris Beauchamp, senior market analyst at spread betting firm IG.

"The plethora of bargains on offer, plus a welcome period of calm in the UK/EU relationship has provided the opportunity for markets to recover in impressive fashion," he added.

However Joe Rundle, head of trading at ETX Capital, warned reality was likely to bite soon.

"What we're seeing in the FTSE is hope in Britain being able to ride it out by remaining part of the single market. This looks like wishful thinking."

The FTSE 250 - which contains more UK-focused companies - closed 3.2% higher on Wednesday, but still remains more than 7% below its pre-Brexit level.

The pound rose 1.2% against the dollar to about $1.35, although it also remains well below levels reached before the referendum.

The pound had risen as high as $1.50 on Thursday as traders anticipated a 'Remain' vote, but by Monday it had plunged to a 31-year low against the dollar.

Sterling rose 0.8% against the euro on Wednesday to €1.2159. Before last week's referendum it had been trading around €1.30.

Shares in Asia also continued to rise on Wednesday, and stock markets across Europe followed suit. Germany's Dax index ended the day 1.8% higher while France's Cac 40 closed up 2.6%.

US markets joined in the global stock market rally, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average rising 1.3% and the wider S&P 500 index up 1.4%.

Michael Hewson, chief market analyst at CMC Markets, said investors had been reassured by hopes that Britain's EU exit wouldn't happen immediately, meaning the status quo was unlikely to change in the short term.

"Whilst that doesn't remove the uncertainty with respect to the eventual outcome, it also means that markets are going to have plenty of time to settle into their new-found reality and equilibrium," he said.

But Adam Jepsen, founder of Financial Spreads, urged caution: "Any investors who think the markets have calmed down should think again. It is far more likely that we are in the eye of the storm."

Shares in the financial sector - which had been particularly hard-hit in the wake of the referendum - continued to recover, with Prudential up 5.5% and Barclays 4.9% higher.

The increases came despite credit rating agency Moody's cutting its outlook on the UK banking sector to "negative" from "stable" late on Tuesday. Moody's also downgraded its outlook on the ratings of a number of UK banks and insurers.

Shares in housebuilders - another sector that suffered in the dramatic sell-off on Friday and Monday - were also higher. Persimmon and Barratt Developments were both closing over 7% higher.
After losing some ground on Tuesday, the price of gold rose 0.4% to $1,317.75 an ounce.

Gold is viewed as a safe asset in times of uncertainty and the price of the precious metal hit a two-year high on Friday in the wake of the referendum result.

Government bonds are also considered safer investments. Continuing high demand since the referendum meant the return on 10-year UK government bonds remained close to Monday's record low, when the yield dropped below 1% for the first time.

High demand tends to push up bond prices, and when the price of bonds rises their yield falls.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36660133

Here is a quote from our glorious EU President. All bow down to tyranny. https://twitter.com/quigleyp/status/747733684212609024

EU.JPG

I've always said they will never let us leave the plan is to build an empire and we are messing up the plan

The plan is to destroy any threat to their dictatorship, reduce the population to 500,000,000 and create a global police state all in the name of peace. Politicians are just puppets and actors. If you get your news from the TV and MSM you are living in a false reality. I have met and spoken to not one person who regrets leaving. Who could regret saying no to tyranny.

The plan is to destroy any threat to their dictatorship, reduce the population to 500,000,000 and create a global police state all in the name of peace. Politicians are just puppets and actors. If you get your news from the TV and MSM you are living in a false reality. I have met and spoken to not one person who regrets leaving. Who could regret saying no to tyranny.

As everyone knows i didn't vote but was leaning towards out, if we have another vote i will be voting out. (i do hope no one tells me i am wrong its my decision and i should have had bigger balls last time)

I think if people read about ttip they would never vote to stay in that thing is shrouded in secrecy and they don't want the people knowing
The European union is playing a game of mis direction and all the in voters should read a bit instead of taking Facebook as fact just because some of the out voters are racist doesn't make us educated people the same

The TTP will allow Corporations to sue Governments if they make decisions that affect their profit. This will be done in private by an un elected board. This means Monsanto will be able to push their Carcinogenic pesticides and GMO food on us and we will not be able to do anything. Protesting against them will be illegal. This is the nightmare that Orwell warned us about. I know people of all political persuasions are campaigning against this. Please note all German Beer was recently found to test positive for Glyphosate so this really affects every single one of us and we should not accept this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back