Electric cars.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See that's the mistake. A lot of folks who live out of town need more from a car and its defo not 00.01% of the population.
Tbh the Kia is close and 2.5t tow, but I need 3t minimum.

What % of the population need to tow 3 ton i imagine the majority will be farmers who are not going to go EV and give up their Land Rovers any time soon.

See that's the mistake. A lot of folks who live out of town need more from a car and its defo not 00.01% of the population.
Come on now, we all drive around and I definitely don't see more than 1 out of 1000 cars towing a digger 😂 I get that an EV is not going to suit everyone but there does appear to be some people that try to find reasons why they can't suit

Come on now, we all drive around and I definitely don't see more than 1 out of 1000 cars towing a digger 😂 I get that an EV is not going to suit everyone but there does appear to be some people that try to find reasons why they can't suit

I don't have to try. And I do think people towing stuff other than just a digger behind a 4x4 is a lot more than 1:1000 out of town. Tbh many of my neighbours have/use that capacity.

Hmm.. so what do they buy? Diesel is being stopped in 2035?
They are not all going to vanish off the face of the earth in 2035 if it is a concern people will buy a new diesel in in 2024 and keep it until its no longer financially worth keeping on the road this could easily take them to 2040 or later.

It also gives EV manufacturers many years to come up with a solution we already have E-HGV's its not going to be a problem,.

Last edited:
They are not all going to vanish off the face of the earth in 2035 you will buy a new in in 2023 and keep it for the next 15 years

It also gives EV manufacturers 12 years to come up with a solution we already have E-HGV's its not going to be a problem,.

And you heard it here first. But I reckon 2034 is going to be a busy year for diesel truck sales.

I don't have to try. And I do think people towing stuff other than just a digger behind a 4x4 is a lot more than 1:1000 out of town. Tbh many of my neighbours have/use that capacity.
Do you live on a commercial/business estate? :D

I just wish they would perfect the Mobile phone battery before trying to develop another one. Like all rechargeable batteries, life expectancy is dependent upon recharging regimes and any rapid charging will reduce the life expectancy of the battery. I personally cannot afford to wait 9hrs every 300 miles and to be honest I cannot see why anyone would want to.

Just a thought!....... (there I go again thinking)

I will buy an EV when I see the first electric egg beater take to the skies?

My head hurts I need a beer!

Using the Renault Zoe as an example -

• 3.6kW: less than 7 hours
  • 7kW: less than 4 hours
  • 22kW: less than 2 hours
Costs vary, but a 3.6kW wall box could cost as little as £450 after the government’s Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS) grant.

It’s worth noting that 22kW wall boxes require three phase power, which is rare and expensive to install. A 3.6kW or 7kW charger will be suitable for most EV owners.

-----------

A 43kW rapid AC charger will charge an electric car in 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the battery and the state of charge upon arrival at the charging point.

Similarly, a 50kW rapid DC charger will replenish a battery to 80 percent in 20 minutes to an hour.

Last edited:
With the average car only driving 18 miles a day the majority are not going to need charging every day if you know you will travel 300+ miles a day and dont have a 7kW charger at home an EV probably isn't best choice at the moment.

What is the average miles driven per day in the UK

Cars in the UK drive an average of 18 miles a day, 127 miles a week, 550 miles a month and 6,600 miles a year.

1701527383222.png

https://www.nimblefins.co.uk/cheap-...Mileage per Day, Week,and 6,600 miles a year.

Earlier on you made out that you needed to be able to tow 3 tons, now it is many of your neighbours 🤦 if you don't want one then it is fair enough, you don't need to make excuses up. Which ties in nicely with my point about people going out of thier way to try and convince everyone that EVs can't work because of a niche problem that they have come up with 😁

Latest posts

Back