Electric cars.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Don’t know
2. Don’t know
3. Have a 12 year old Volvo diesel, looking to change. Hadn’t really thought about EV.
4. Took said volvo in for MOT. Got a EV as a courtesy car. Ordered one when I picked my car up. 2-4 weeks delivery. Complete mind shift once I had actually driven one. Quiet, convenient, full of gadgets and the fastest car I’ve ever driven. I don’t do big miles anymore (I used to do a Norfolk to Cornwall commute then a Norfolk to Edinburgh commute). We have another ICE car on the drive.

1. Yes.
2. Unlikely to go back to petrol. If the sums made sense I possibly would. Not weirdly ideologically wedded to what fuels my car.

I do less than average miles, but need a lot of ground clearance and need to tow.
I am also not "weirdly ideologically wedded to what fuels my car''. But the car does have to be capable... And I think that's been forgotten, probably because it's no a big market sector.

So as the thread is quite old let's see how opinions have changed -

To those that have owned or still own a EV -

1 - Do you still think it was a good move and prefer it to a ICE car?

2 - Will you buy another or go back to ICE while you still can?

3 - How many members own an ICE car and would like to change?

4 - How many will be making the change in the near future?
1. Yes - NHS lease for my wife
2. We will do another NHS lease when we have to hand back Audi Q4

3. / 4. I have a small ICE, as soon as funds allow I’d like to purchase a small EV, 150 - 200 mile range ish.

Latest posts

Back