Covid Passports

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think Covid Passports should be implemented?

• No

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • Yes for Carers

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Yes to entertainment venues, pubs, restaurants

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Yes for foreign travel

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Yes for all

Votes: 21 30.0%

• Total voters
If they want to bring it in, fine. My biggest concern is the way it will be implemented.
Will we be required to download and be tracked and hacked all over the place on the 3.5 Billion £ NHS app, or will it be a driving licence type card sent to people?

I’m not in favour of online options to be honest.

So...the vaccinated get passports to go out to play. Will there be a section of society that are "exempt" from having a vaccine? Will these get a "free pass"? Does the pub,cinema, shops etc then say "banned" or "it's ok"? When or how will it not be classified as segregation of descrimination? What if someone didn't get the vaccine for religious (?) reasons? Or they couldn't for medical reasons? Or age?

I think it’s a moot point really. At the end of the day, the virus will keep going because people just won’t stay apart etc. No amount of rules or passports will contain the thing.

I think it’s a moot point really. At the end of the day, the virus will keep going because people just won’t stay apart etc. No amount of rules or passports will contain the thing.

Precisely. Nor should they have to beyond the point where emergency powers are required to prevent the collapse of the health service. With the vulnerable list vaccinated, we are rapidly approaching that point.

It's completely unmanageable from start to finish, the more I think about it the more ludicrous it is.

Hundreds of people are partying in parks, beaches, beauty stops and police cant stop them.

How would a couple of door staff stop a group of 8-10? Call the police. How many pubs can the police visit in a night?

Small local restaurant manages to afford door staff, group of 6 and 1 person has "forgot" their passport. Rest of group won't dine without them. Can a restaurant turn away a table of 6? What if they only have 20 booked that night? Will they turn away 25% of their trade? How would you even know if they didn't turn them away and you were sat right next to them?

How frequently do you need to even have a vaccine? Every 6/9/12 months? I had a jab 9 months ago but missed my second one. Would a small restaurant/pub be able to access that information? Would you be happy with that?

Could you realisticly restrict a whole culture or religion from dining out or visiting a public place without being taken to court?

So what is the alternative throw all entertainment venues doors open like pre Covid days have no restrictions and keep fingers crossed there isn't another spike?

The only way i will visit a pub again is if there are restrictions if they open the doors with no restrictions i will not go and having talked to may of my colleagues, friends and family i am not in a minority, a lot of pubs are not going to survive much longer if they don't do something to allow them to open with public confidence passports would give the public confidence to go out again if they don't introduce them many pubs will not open again.

I've had my first jab and to be honest if the vaccine is a way of helping us out of this **** show that we are encountering at the moment and a vaccine passport is integral to helping us get out of it, then I'm all for it.

School children have not been vaccinated and yet they are back in school. How? because they are being tested on a regular basis.

The same can be done for those who haven't been vaccinated due to age or medical conditions, but not those who willfully choose to put others at risk by refusing to be vaccinated.

I'm just utterly baffled by what further protection a vaccinated adult thinks they need against covid? If your point is that vaccinated people can still catch and carry the virus, then passports make zero difference. If your point is that only unvaccinated people can catch and carry the virus, then once again, it makes zero difference.

Can someone please explain to me what protection they think they are being offered by this scheme? Rationalise it out for me. How is a vaccinated person safer in a pub that only allows vaccinated people in?

Awful lot of people seem to be desperate to be "protected" even though they have already been provided with a vaccine, and even though the protections they demand are shovelling peoples livelihoods into the bonfire. There is literally no logical reason to implement these beyond mandatory vaccines by stealth. At least admit thats what you want...

How is a vaccinated person safer in a pub that only allows vaccinated people in?

Its not about being in a pub full of vaccinated people its about being in a pub with non vaccinated people, having the vaccine doesn't make you immortal.

As it says below -

"no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection"

"We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus"

"based on clinical trials, experts do know that vaccine-induced immunity should last a minimum of about three months"

Having the vaccine makes you less likely to get very ill from coronavirus.
We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus.
20 Feb 2021

How long does the vaccine protect you?
How long will vaccine-supported inoculation last? Federal health authorities have not provided a definitive answer to this question. But based on clinical trials, experts do know that vaccine-induced immunity should last a minimum of about three months.5 days ago

It takes a few weeks for your body to build up protection from the vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe.26 Mar 2021

Last edited:
Absolutely none of this answers my question though. If anything, it compounds the point that actually, its irrelevant whether or not everyone in a pub has been vaccinated. Based on what you have provided, vaccinated people may or may not carry it, you may or may not catch it from them, you very likely wont get seriously ill. So i'll ask again, how does proof of vaccine provide any additional protection to those already vaccinated?

I edited my post as you were replying you may have missed it.

How is a vaccinated person safer in a pub that only allows vaccinated people in?

Its not about being in a pub full of vaccinated people its about being in a pub with non vaccinated people, having the vaccine doesn't make you immortal.

As it says below -

"no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection"

"We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus"

"based on clinical trials, experts do know that vaccine-induced immunity should last a minimum of about three months"

Having the vaccine makes you less likely to get very ill from coronavirus.
We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus.
20 Feb 2021

How long does the vaccine protect you?
How long will vaccine-supported inoculation last? Federal health authorities have not provided a definitive answer to this question. But based on clinical trials, experts do know that vaccine-induced immunity should last a minimum of about three months.5 days ago

It takes a few weeks for your body to build up protection from the vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe.26 Mar 2021

I think no matter what 100% vaccination won't happen...ever. The purpose (sane version) is to reach the point where the virus transmission is severely decimated and those who catch the disease are protected from severe illness/hospitalisation/death. If after "crital" vaccination is achieved and "theoretical" protection and "herd immunity" ,they still continue with lockdowns and segregation etc then in my opinion it's either a waste of time or something else or we're locked up for ever...

I edited my post as you were replying you may have missed it.

As it says below -

I honestly don't believe a national passport system and excluding people from multiple aspects of society falls under recommended precautions to avoid infection tbh. As far as I am concerned, if there is no risk to the ability of the health service, then personal risk is just that. Personal. If you dont feel your vaccine offers adequate protection in a given setting, dont go there.

Of course, in addition to the apparent uncertainty about what level of protection is offered, huge swathes of the population live with unvaccinated people (children) and children will be mixing with you in a huge number of public settings since clearly this isn't just pubs. Can't believe folk aren't questioning the validity of this......

We are never going to agree on this so i will leave it here as i posted earlier

The only way i will visit a pub again is if there are restrictions if they open the doors with no restrictions i will not go and having talked to may of my colleagues, friends and family i am not in a minority, a lot of pubs are not going to survive much longer if they don't do something to allow them to open with public confidence

It makes no odds that you think all the people who believe passports will make everyone safer are wrong without them (as i said in the quote above) people are going to stay away from pubs and we will have a lot less to visit when this is finally over.

We are never going to agree on this so i will leave it here as i posted earlier

It makes no odds that you think all the people who believe passports will make everyone safer is wrong without them as i said in the quote above people are going to stay away from pubs and we will have a lot less to visit when this is finally over.

Yeah, I mean you have absolutely no way of quantifying that claim, but happy enough to leave it there also.

i dont know what right or wrong but the way i understand it the young really dont need the vax.? older and vulnerable will and just because you have the vax doesn't mean you cannot pass it on to someone? please dont shoot me down but i cannot see why someone thats young and healthy maynot be aloud in a pub because they have not had the vax when in all reality they can catch the virus off someone who has being vaxed? as i say dont shoot me down but its all a little confusing to me.

Back