Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vossy1 said:
Sorry to hear about the evenings work t_s :cry:
I hope the Shodan's helping :drink:

Woe betide any fool who gets on the wrong side of Tubby with a hangover tomorrow

:lol:
:rofl:
After reading that again on your post V1 I sound like Mr T :lol:

Despite thinking that this was going to be a 'gimmick' beer - I picked up a bottle of Adnams East Green "Carbon Neutral" beer from Shamesburrys.

The bottle label tells us that Adnams (they believe) is the most energy efficient brewery in the UK, they have used locally sourced ingredients and a lightweight bottle (so don't reuse - recycle this one). It describes the beer as light golden, citrus, grassy, dry & refreshing (4.3%).

I'm pleasantly surprised - the gimmick beer that I thought i'd picked up actually has delivered the goods :cool: it certainly is a refreshing beer, nice clean tasting i'd say mellow citrus and a dry but not harsh finish, one I could sit and enjoy 2 or 3 on the trot.

I'll get me some more of these I think.

:thumb:

Some Hoegaarden in the garden till it got too cold out there - now some XL Bitter :cheers:

Sounds interesting DK ;)

Do you have the recipe :whistle: :thumb:

Wez said:
Sounds interesting DK ;)

Do you have the recipe :whistle: :thumb:

23lts
3060 pale malt
405 flaked maize
325 sugar
245 crystal malt
41 black malt
35 challenger
+12 fuggles late hops
Its from brew your own british real ale. Maybe not the closes clone I`ve brewed put still a nice pint

Just thought I'd better test one of my Cooper's Dark Ales (+ dark spraymalt), I did wonder what them Aussies could know about brewing anything other than amber fizz, but I reckon if I can bare to leave the rest of the brew for another month it's going to be bloody lovely.

I'm now drinking my rice lager Mexican / USA attempt (Aus Pilsener Malt, rice, 20g Chinook, US-05). Son in law and family are coming up from New South Wales for the weekend and he is conviced that Corona is the beer that God drinks so I bottled off this six pack for him. Tastes very clean, malty and surprisingly hoppy for the low hop rate.

sollycerveza.jpg

The problem was that I had to drink a six pack of Corona to get the bottles and the cardboard carrier :sick: I'm drinking mine decanted out of 2L pop bottles, bugger those little girly bottles :)

Bribie said:
The problem was that I had to drink a six pack of Corona to get the bottles and the cardboard carrier :sick:
Sometimes we have to suffer for our art :lol:
You're a brave, brave man :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back