Whats everyone drinking?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see someone else has tried the PUNK IPA.

What did you think?

TBH, I wasn't sure what to think of it. The disclaimer on the side of the bottle led me believe it would be very bitter....and it was, but that's the thing I don't understand.

Have they even bothered to mature it or just bottled it straight from FV :hmm:
For me, technically, an IPA must be matured and allowed to mellow...this one hasn't been IMO.

Picked up 3 bottled beers that i've not tried before from Sainsbo's today:

Butcombe Brewery - Gold 4.7%
Shepherd Neame - Late Red 4.5%
Wye Valley Brewery - Dorothy Goodbody's Golden Ale 4.2%

Shall be tucking into these and a few pints of my own :drink:

Anyone tried any of the above?

Anyone tried any of the above?

CIMG0637600x450.jpg

Hot and spicy chicken wings and a selection of beer....heaven :party:
I'd forgotten how good the Brakspear Triple is :cool:

That Purity brewery is only about 30-40 mins from me, that UBU is quite tasty :drink:

Looks like we can compare notes on the Late Red ;)

Vossy1 said:
Nice to see someone else has tried the PUNK IPA.

What did you think?

TBH, I wasn't sure what to think of it. The disclaimer on the side of the bottle led me believe it would be very bitter....and it was, but that's the thing I don't understand.

Have they even bothered to mature it or just bottled it straight from FV :hmm:
For me, technically, an IPA must be matured and allowed to mellow...this one hasn't been IMO.
I disagree that an IPA must be matured. If you're following a trad English recipe then certainly but most US IPAs aren't matured....in fact some of the say NOT to do so on their labels.

Back to Punk IPA....I'm not sure about what they were aiming at either - maturation aside, it's not really like an English IPA but isn't hoppy enough to be an American one either.

I disagree that an IPA must be matured. If you're following a trad English recipe then certainly

That's my lose tongue again :roll:
Having said that, I think I have the right as an Englishman to assume that IPA is English :D
But...I haven't even checked if it's meant to be a US IPA :oops: ...oh well :roll:

I bought some KP salt and vinegar nuts tonight and that leads me onto another thread :cool:

I had a row about that with a client the other day (at a drunken function) :roll: as he was the client I ended up agreeing and smiling :evil: i walked away and gave myself 40 lashes :evil:

Presently drinking the Alloa Brewing Co 'Good Times'.
It's a bit strange...has elderflower and meadow sweet in it. I think the elderflower makes it taste of TCP and I can't shake the taste of to appreciate the rest of the beer :roll:

Just had the Butcombe - that sounds like a barbers 'extra' service ;) :lol:

Not keen, too sweet for the Wez :(

On to the next ...

Presently drinking Okells IPA and I don't like it.
They must use a hop which I really don't like and I liken it's taste to that of crystal malt.
To me it's a metallic taste and I really don't like it....yuk

I'm waiting for the wort to cool, what can I fill the time with :hmm:

:idea: I think i'll pull a pint of Kingpin :drink:

Got a tender tum today. Not sure if it's still reeling from Friday's Ascot Beer Festival. Either way, I may not have a beer tonight. :?

Did I really just say that :shock:

1x London Pride, 1x HOP (Greene King), 1x 7Giraffes, 2x Punk IPA

All shared by the way.

It's my youngest daughters 1st Birthday tomorrow so I'm off work, i'll be having a few celebratory ales this evening :drink: The Mrs has got me a good selection of bottles in :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back