What did you brew today?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shooting to brew tomorrow. An Italian Pilsner for a local Homebrew Competition. Its a new style for me to brew and a new process Dry Hopping. So that's exciting!

I am starting to think about what beers I would like on tap for Christmas. I have 4 kegs, the plan so far is WC IPA, American amber and a stout. Anyone else starting to plan
Looking for some inspiration, I will have Belgian beers bottle conditioned as well.

I am starting to think about what beers I would like on tap for Christmas. I have 4 kegs, the plan so far is WC IPA, American amber and a stout. Anyone else starting to plan
Looking for some inspiration, I will have Belgian beers bottle conditioned as well.
I’ve already got my Vienna Lager fermenting for Christmas time, got some Lallemand Abbey as well so will do a. User upper Belgian blonde or amber.

I’m also planning to go completely crazy and do a Percy Pig Philly sour. I’ve done some research and they just dissolve when boiled so 3-4 bags in for the last 5mins seems like a goer. I’ll add a couple of bottles of the Percy smoothie in secondary as well.
53991607-D358-46C5-A830-7716CF01AE1D.jpeg

Jet Black Heart Clone - using the brewdog recipe that TMM have on offer as a kit. Tucked up in the fermenter, aiming for 12psi at c25C for a week before adding the vanilla.

At a recent brewdog norwich visit with the lad, tasting 8 thirds, this was our favoured beer, all at a modest 4.something%.
Darker than the hydrometer jar appears.

Attachments

• PXL_20221001_161736386.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221001_161736386.MP.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 0
Russian Imperial Stout.
Bit of a learning experience with my brew efficiency and water volumes. I think the 7kg grain bill overstretched the Robobrew and I didn't get the expected gravity from the mash. Also not helped by over-estimating my water volumes so an 18ltr batch turned into a 21ltr. Had to add 1kg instead of the planned 500g of Muscovado sugar into the boil and ended up with an OG 1082 which should mean 9.6% abv if the Kveik Voss yeast does its thing. Fingers crossed the extra Muscovado sugar doesn't leave it too dry.

I'm brewing @Hazelwood Brewery 's Full English today.

Right at the start, the grain mill slipped, spilling (thankfully uncrushed) malt all over the floor... Quickly followed by one of our glass mixing bowls. Shattered glass and and grain all over the floor. This beer had better be good after all this! 😂😞
If it’s not you can hardly blame me! 😂

You’ve broken the yolk and burnt the bacon already!

Brewing up the hazy lager now (cold IPA?), still trying to figure out wheat flour or corn. Any suggestions?

It should come out of the fermenter already clear and very drinkable. Two weeks later it’s pretty much on the money.
We're having our kitchen redone starting in 2 weeks. So this is the last brew for a while as my brewery (utility room) will have to double as the kitchen. So this beer is for the family Christmas.

I'll have to sample a few beforehand, just to be safe - obviously. Can't take any chances in serving substandard beer at Christmas, you know.

We're having our kitchen redone starting in 2 weeks. So this is the last brew for a while as my brewery (utility room) will have to double as the kitchen. So this beer is for the family Christmas.

I'll have to sample a few beforehand, just to be safe - obviously. Can't take any chances in serving substandard beer at Christmas, you know.
You can tell them this is a CAMRA gold-award winning beer so if they don’t like it the problem is clearly them! 😂

You can tell them this is a CAMRA gold-award winning beer so if they don’t like it the problem i
clearly them! 😂
Overshot on the OG. Looking good though (flash makes it look darker than it actually is)

Attachments

• 16647397757954781591280273376755.jpg
    16647397757954781591280273376755.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back