What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now onto @dave_77 cold ipa,a style I wouldn't mind brewing

Attachments

• 20230318_211106.jpg
    20230318_211106.jpg
    32 KB
Time for a 4.7% Hoppy Belgian Pale Ale from @dave_77

The beer is a stunning golden orange colour, and poured with a nice head. The aroma had lots of lovely hops, possibly a touch of orange and a bit of spice. As it warmed I got a hint of toast too.

We found a subtle Belgian character in the beer, and the husband gets various citrus flavours, he says lemon and perhaps lime. Decent bitterness.

Medium-light body and perfect carbonation which pushed the aroma and flavours forward.

Well-balanced combination of subtle Belgian flavour, noble hops (I think?) and malt. Very nice beer Dave.

My husband was a fan of it and he doesn't like Belgian beers. He drunk his well before I had my half! :beer1:

Looked stunning in my new glasses too! 😍

Thanks again for sending, and for the generous bottle size.

20230319_150547.jpg

Time for a 4.7% Hoppy Belgian Pale Ale from @dave_77

The beer is a stunning golden orange colour, and poured with a nice head. The aroma had lots of lovely hops, possibly a touch of orange and a bit of spice. As it warmed I got a hint of toast too.

We found a subtle Belgian character in the beer, and the husband gets various citrus flavours, he says lemon and perhaps lime. Decent bitterness.

Medium-light body and perfect carbonation which pushed the aroma and flavours forward.

Well-balanced combination of subtle Belgian flavour, noble hops (I think?) and malt. Very nice beer Dave.

My husband was a fan of it and he doesn't like Belgian beers. He drunk his well before I had my half! :beer1:

Looked stunning in my new glasses too! 😍

Thanks again for sending, and for the generous bottle size.

View attachment 83300
Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed it

I have been tinkering with this beer for a while trying to get a similar yeast and hop profile as one of my favourite beers Taras Boulba.

The yeast is a 50/50 blend of a Kolsch yeast and a subtle Belgian yeast.

Hops were Celia and Kazbek, aiming for a lemon citrus with a bit of floral/spice so happy that's what you got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back