What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last bottle of a wheat lager I did back in November. This was a somewhat experimental brew but resulted in a really clean and crisp lager. I had used up some left over American hops so bittered and whirlpooled with those, which left quite a nice subtle fruitiness. This beer is not unlike Neck Oil, and I plan to rebrew with an AIPA hopping schedule to see if I can make a solid IPL.

Off to Germany tomorrow so I should be all over this thread with various German beers!

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20230319-192935.jpg
    VideoCapture_20230319-192935.jpg
    51.5 KB
First sample of the TETB London Bitter v3.0
It's far too young as it was only kegged on Fri but you have to check the carbonation, right?

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 17.57.24.png

It's a great illustration of the effectiveness of auxiliary finings. When I racked it three days ago it still looked a lot like this (down to a severely messed up fermentation because I was flat out with covid for two weeks just after pitching, so I had to restart it and it was in the FV for a month all in all)
Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 18.08.58.png

And now...
IMG_8255.jpeg

Back to the Munich bitter, this one is getting better with age. A lot of fruit, mostly raising and cherry, but there is also some orange citrus in there too, it's also on the sweeter end. The bitterness is very well balanced in this one.

20230320_145947.jpg

Here is the first bottle of the muscavado bitter. It's not very good, it has the same character as when I used brown sugar in my winter warmer and I am having trouble describing what it is, maybe it's molasses flavour? There is plenty of brown sugar and alcohol in the aroma, it does smell good almost like a dubbel.

20230321_152245.jpg

Here is the first bottle of the muscavado bitter. It's not very good, it has the same character as when I used brown sugar in my winter warmer and I am having trouble describing what it is, maybe it's molasses flavour? There is plenty of brown sugar and alcohol in the aroma, it does smell good almost like a dubbel.

View attachment 83362

I’ve also brewed beer with muscovado thinking it would add interesting notes of molasses and I also didn’t like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back