What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpg

Change of pace now. Imperial ? 6.6% ? Should it not be over 7 to be imperial ?

Fine looking pint
Thankyou as is so often the case with ‘clones’ it’s not overly close to what it is a clone of (Tribute is one of my go to cask beers in pubs so I like to think I have a fairly good idea what it should taste like) but as seems to be the case with a lot of clone beers it is a nice beer in it‘s own right.

View attachment 83258

Change of pace now. Imperial ? 6.6% ? Should it not be over 7 to be imperial ?
Pretty certain this one has always being 6.6% but used to be described as an English Strong Ale, (which I would say is a perfectly respectable name) but I suppose Imperial is now the style (but yes I would agree when I think imperial I think big heavy stouts and even 7% seems a tad low to be considered an imperial.

Thankyou as is so often the case with ‘clones’ it’s not overly close to what it is a clone of (Tribute is one of my go to cask beers in pubs so I like to think I have a fairly good idea what it should taste like) but as seems to be the case with a lot of clone beers it is a nice beer in it‘s own right.

Pretty certain this one has always being 6.6% but used to be described as an English Strong Ale, (which I would say is a perfectly respectable name) but I suppose Imperial is now the style (but yes I would agree when I think imperial I think big heavy stouts and even 7% seems a tad low to be considered an imperial.
It’s a lovely beer and a good change from the hazy pales. English strong ale sounds a better description than imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back