What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Belgian tripel, time to put these away now for a few month's
IMG_20230318_165117919_HDR.jpg

Starting today with a 4.6% Italian Pilsner from @dave_77

Hope you don't mind us sharing it Dave!

First of all there are no style guidelines to follow so I may struggle a little, but I'll do my best.

In appearance it's a straw coloured beer with a very very slight haze, presumably from dry hopping. It had a small, white head when first poured but it dissipated quite quickly.

Aroma is very light but there is a slight fruitiness, possibly melon, and a touch of prosecco on the nose.

The biggest flavour I am picking up is similar to the aroma. Very white wine like with hints of fruit (yum!) Bitterness is light to my tastebuds, and perfectly balanced with the beer.

The beer has light carbonation and a light-medium body I would say.

Such a shame it is raining as this would be perfect for sitting in the garden with. Very light, refreshing and super delicious. Could definitely sink a few of those while barbecuing! Will think about putting one in my schedule.

Thanks for sending Dave, we both thoroughly enjoyed it. 🍻

20230318_155123.jpg

Starting today with a 4.6% Italian Pilsner from @dave_77

Hope you don't mind us sharing it Dave!

First of all there are no style guidelines to follow so I may struggle a little, but I'll do my best.

In appearance it's a straw coloured beer with a very very slight haze, presumably from dry hopping. It had a small, white head when first poured but it dissipated quite quickly.

Aroma is very light but there is a slight fruitiness, possibly melon, and a touch of prosecco on the nose.

The biggest flavour I am picking up is similar to the aroma. Very white wine like with hints of fruit (yum!) Bitterness is light to my tastebuds, and perfectly balanced with the beer.

The beer has light carbonation and a light-medium body I would say.

Such a shame it is raining as this would be perfect for sitting in the garden with. Very light, refreshing and super delicious. Could definitely sink a few of those while barbecuing! Will think about putting one in my schedule.

Thanks for sending Dave, we both thoroughly enjoyed it. 🍻

View attachment 83240
That's cool, I thought you might share so that's one of the reasons I sent 2 and might as well use the space and weight thats allowed.

Glad you enjoyed it, it's a style I have got a bit of a soft spot for at the moment. With the extra boost of German hops to give it a little more hoppiness than a standard Pils.
If you haven't read this but of writing about the origin of the style you should, you will be definitely wanting to brew one after .
https://www.goodbeerhunting.com/blo...nses-following-the-journey-of-italian-pilsner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back