What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henrico, Richmond, VA 😁
Well then! Stone has a second brewery there, I would highly recommend them even though they have been bought out. They were on the forefront of the craft beer revolution.

If you can find it double oak aged arrogant ******* is fantastic. Although it looks like some.funny business happened with that line.

Ruination and IPA are classic WCIPAs.

I havent tried any of the new stuff.

It really is and has always been a spectacular beer.

This was relatively fresh (4 months).

Can get it in most supermarkets here. This was a bottle from Tesco. They used to sell Torpedo too but not seen that for a good few years.

A couple of the supermarkets sell cans, but I think they must've been old everytime I've tried as usually taste quite dull.

SN do have an outlet here now actually so may get an order from them and see how they compare.

This was relatively fresh (4 months).

Can get it in most supermarkets here. This was a bottle from Tesco. They used to sell Torpedo too but not seen that for a good few years.

A couple of the supermarkets sell cans, but I think they must've been old everytime I've tried as usually taste quite dull.

SN do have an outlet here now actually so may get an order from them and see how they compare.
Oh nice about the outlet. If you can, Bigfoot and Celebration ale are also standouts from them and I would highly recommend both. Bigfoot is an American barley wine that is usually around spring/summer time and Celebration ale is their Christmas beer that's only available Oct-Dec usually.

Yeah fresh is best, it turns malty over time. The bottles are still bottle conditioned so may stay fresher longer than the cans do.

Used to get Celebration and Anchor Christmas ale every year but have been a bit more difficult to find in recent years without ordering from too many different bottle shops.

Well then! Stone has a second brewery there, I would highly recommend them even though they have been bought out. They were on the forefront of the craft beer revolution.

If you can find it double oak aged arrogant ******* is fantastic. Although it looks like some.funny business happened with that line.

Ruination and IPA are classic WCIPAs.

I havent tried any of the new stuff.

Thank you! 😁

The tidy up is complete after yesterdays brewday, and I’ve added a 4-way manifold to the kegerator gas side. Time to sit back with a rye IPA.
EBF857DF-F8EB-4478-80FD-C3A7E4C189C9.jpeg

On to a Cold IPA kindly sent by @dave_77.
Looks amazing, I think this is probably the clearest homebrew I’ve had, I’m going to have to up my game on that front. Lovely light malt backbone and and a super clean fermentation let the hops shine. Lots of melon and pineapple from El Dorado with a nice balance of citus and pine in the background.
This is style that only came up on my radar recently, and is definitely one I’ll be brewing soon. Cheers mate🍻 it’s a top brew, thanks for sharing it.

F3510EAE-2332-42BC-9D6B-7203D8848811.jpeg

Chap I work with brought me in some beer he didn't like..might be some out of date..he says.
First was 2021...a German beer..it was a bit "sherry" like with a big alcohol kick...I'm not dead yet.
Next an IPA got 2022 on it..6%..its fine.
Now Tynt Meadow English trappist, 7.4%..July 2022...excellent! Nothing wasted yet..but I will be!

I'm trying the first of my single hop pale ales. I've brewed three small batches, same malt and yeast, three different hops. I was aiming for an English-style quite hoppy ale, and this first batch I set at (the obviously approximate) level of 40 IBU, which might be a bit high. The next two, I toned it down a little to 35.

So, to the beer. I'll spare you my terrible photography, but you'll just have to trust me that clarity, colour and carbonation were pleasingly pretty much spot-on. And was it too bitter? Yes, it probably was! A bit. Seriously, not drastically. It might be the hop type as much as anything else anyway, but I'll be interested to compare the next two batches when they come on line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back