What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to knuckle down and drink the ones you're not keen on to make way for what you really like 🍻

Not quite as simple as it would seem I'm afraid. My blood sugar says no and my husband is diabetic and has the opposite problem so has to ration 🙁

20230902_155000.jpg

Been a bit MIA. After the sour I had a saison with dinner then went out with the kids to a disco/auction night. In the bowls club so super cheap and stuck to the coors so I knew I would be sober enough to hit the homebrew whilst home.

Honey porter is the photo.

Attachments

• 20230902_221935.jpg
    20230902_221935.jpg
    15.2 KB
Todays job was to replace my beer lines into the beer cooler and build a new python. That all went well, however…

I then decided to give the stainless steel coils in the chiller a caustic clean and I leaned an important lesson - not all plastics are able to cope with caustic. Most can but I used a plastic drinks bottle and the caustic ate through it giving me a lovely clean-up job and staining my nice smart varnished brewshed interior. Gutted about that but no use crying over spilt milk, lesson learned. Anyway, in brighter news, I’ve got my beers back on and now making use of my new tap board. My first beer tonight is the Schwarzbier.

4E1F18C2-11DC-408F-8770-E1C829ACEE56.jpeg

7DB97C18-8A71-4FB8-B7AA-4C760254F0A6.jpeg

IMG_2045.jpeg

SAISON (Saaz & Aurora Hops plus honey)

I find honey works particularly well in Saison, I think it might be down to how dry the beer is (I’m a Stout or an Irish Red ale it’s present but somewhat drowned out by the malt flavour) bit in a Saison et just seems to work well with the flavour from the yeast and the very light hopping.

View attachment 89468
SAISON (Saaz & Aurora Hops plus honey)

I find honey works particularly well in Saison, I think it might be down to how dry the beer is (I’m a Stout or an Irish Red ale it’s present but somewhat drowned out by the malt flavour) bit in a Saison et just seems to work well with the flavour from the yeast and the very light hopping.

Looks lovely. I've had a honey and pineapple saison planned for like forever, but I still haven't found the time to do it. Shame the hubby doesn't like Belgian stuff. I'd end up drinking it all myself 😂

A weekend in West Yorkshire. Shout out to The Cross Inn in Heptonstall and Hebden Bridge's Fox and Goose for some excellently kept cask ales from the likes of Elland, Saltire and Vocation. Proper pubs serving very good beer - an increasingly rare treat.

Glad you enjoyed. I'm from West Yorkshire, and I believe they (and Scotland) have the best breweries / beer 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back