What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinking my Stella Nova. You can probably guess what yeast I used.
IMG_20230901_194001.jpg
Brewed on my new gen 4 Brewzilla , finished at 6.4 abv. "Oh dear" I was aiming at about 5 abv.🤭
I'll just have to knuckle down and get through it.
The new system was a spur of the moment buy, after a premium bond win.
I was using some fine crush malt I had in stock. That could account for some of the miscalculation. I will definitely dial it back next time.
It doesn't taste 6.4 abv !

I've found that it makes an ok beer shandy with the Mahou IPA, in the multicoloured tins. The hop flavour is very artificial, I find.... Hence my purchase of a
...purchase of a Brewster Beacon from Cocinista, a Spanish cooking site that do loads of home brew stuff.... Also discovered Petrichor, by Nomada Brewery, superb bottled ipa- gluten free, and delicious!! Available through San Miguel/Mahou webshop, best beer I've found in Spain so far!!

Happy Friday guys and gals. Just watching a sailing vid a couple who have 7 years on a 37ft yacht sailing round the world currently 1000 miles from Europe in the North Atlantic, I have a nice pale ale to help me View attachment 89375
Can't imagine anything worse!! (7 years on a match, not nice pale ale..!!!) And I LOVE boats, but a couple of hours afloat is enough for me!!

My wife is having a small imperial and I’m having a Pirate Pale. In the picture you can also see my new tap and a new blackboard I’ve installed for writing up what’s on tap. I’ve also made a start on a snack board I’ve been planning to make for about a year.

E3C4F3A2-6A84-4BBB-8B93-8702D740A69B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back