What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AMERICAN light Lager, brewed back in Feb....i have patience and although its not my favourite style, im glad i gave it a try.
20230617_185923.jpg

A Bishops Finger and 1698 to start ;)

1687026294760.png
1687026258229.png

THRICE-HOPPED AND BOTTLE CONDITIONED, 1698 IS THE CONNOISSEUR'S CHOICE, A BEER TO BE SAVOURED.​

Originally brewed to celebrate the tercentenary of Britain's oldest brewer, 1698 is a characteristically hoppy Kentish ale, and has Protected Geographical Indication, the same unique regional protection afforded to Champagne and Parma Ham.

The ale matures naturally in the bottle and can be enjoyed fresh or allowed to settle for a few months to mellow. The natural effervescence produced by bottle-conditioning – the interaction of yeast and brewing sugars – gives 1698 fine, Champagne-like bubbles that further enhance the fragrance, flavour and overall drinking experience.

A silver medal winner in the Taste of Britain Awards, 1698 has been included in the International Beer Challenge's World's Top 50 Beers and has won a Gold Award from the British Bottlers' Institute.

BISHOPS FINGER

Bishops Finger Kentish Strong Ale is a connoisseur's beer with excellent credentials and pedigree and is a silver medal-winner in the Daily Telegraph Taste of Britain awards.
It takes its name from the finger-shaped signposts which pointed pilgrims on their way to the tomb of Thomas a Becket in Canterbury and was the first strong ale to be brewed by Shepherd Neame after malt rationing was eased in the late 1950s. It is also one of the UK's oldest bottled beers, brewed since 1958.

Big thanks to @YeastFace for sending me this Irish Red Ale.
It has more roasty notes than my last brew and they’re balanced perfectly with dark caramel malt flavours.
It’s brilliantly clear and a generous fluffy white head lasted til the end of the pint.
Excellent brew, it disappeared far to quickly. I could easily crush a load of these. Cheers mate!

IMG_2053.jpeg

Big thanks to @YeastFace for sending me this Irish Red Ale.
It has more roasty notes than my last brew and they’re balanced perfectly with dark caramel malt flavours.
It’s brilliantly clear and a generous fluffy white head lasted til the end of the pint.
Excellent brew, it disappeared far to quickly. I could easily crush a load of these. Cheers mate!

View attachment 86915

I thought you'd had it weeks ago and thought it was ***** but was being polite by not saying anything :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back