What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's a bit out of fashion or maybe I am wrong but Directors on draught seems rarer these days but no problem getting it in a bottle which though not as good is still very acceptable.
20230615_181415.jpg

It's the pre-kend so I've had a few lost lagers, a few Aldi ales, went to weatherspoons and had a shipyard with a madras and a guest Amarillo golden ale, then more lost lager. Might finish with a Hazy Jane

Walking home after a good few cocktails and a couple of g&t’s and we found a tap room that was closing. The fella working opened the door and talked me through all the beers on offer and sold me a few for takeaway.
C1580D7C-ECBF-45F5-982B-B69C164B5E54.jpeg

First up is cosy nights a 8% vanilla porter
Then a mango coconut and pineapple smoothie sour 5% from arpus it’s exactly what it says on the tin. It’s a smoothie. Lovely fruity and thick.
D092BB57-26F7-48BE-A35C-A3868C5A3AF2.jpeg
07F89887-CC74-48D7-9FCA-F13A29DCF379.jpeg

Husband has the week off after the Bristol trip so we're sat in the garden (cooking) as you do with a beer. This one is a Darke and Strong Winter Beer from @DocAnna. I don't listen to the nonsense that says you can only have lighter drinks in the Summer!

I think this is my favourite from the selection of beers that Anna sent me to try.

The can says treacle and fruit flavours and that is definitely accurate. I love love love a super malty, medium to full bodied beer and this delivers those characteristics.

I would liken this to a 5am Saint, but I think this is better!

Thanks again for sending Anna, stunning beer!

20230616_125240.jpg

Husband has the week off after the Bristol trip so we're sat in the garden (cooking) as you do with a beer. This one is a Darke and Strong Winter Beer from @DocAnna. I don't listen to the nonsense that says you can only have lighter drinks in the Summer!

I think this is my favourite from the selection of beers that Anna sent me to try.

The can says treacle and fruit flavours and that is definitely accurate. I love love love a super malty, medium to full bodied beer and this delivers those characteristics.

I would liken this to a 5am Saint, but I think this is better!

Thanks again for sending Anna, stunning beer!

View attachment 86844
Wow thank you lots, I think this has improved with time. I've two last cans of it left and I think you've just persuaded me to open one 😄 acheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back