What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who forgot to turn the pressure down… :D
Oh well, at least it’s the lager not the bitter

47F26E55-1DCB-486B-9EAB-C7906D5BCB43.jpeg

A few pints of Courage Best at the pub and now nice pint of my own bitter. This keg is unfortunately about to kick but I do at least have another ready to go on tap.

View attachment 84440
Thanks for the reminder, I should buy a couple more kegs to have the bitter's ready to go when one blows.

Although that may be a good poll question what's a good number of beers to have on tap?

Thanks for the reminder, I should buy a couple more kegs to have the bitter's ready to go when one blows.

Although that may be a good poll question what's a good number of beers to have on tap?
Always 2 more than you have. You also need at least 2 kegs for each tap.

…and a few spares.

Started tonight with a pint of Landlord, then one of my Golden Ales.
Now onto @samale tripel 9%😳.
Good looking beer with a nice fluffy head, nice lacing on the glass. Really pungent fruity aroma, maybe pear and berry. Flavour has pear , melon and maybe a little tangerine.. really tasty. No heat from the alcohol or astringency. For 9% it's really easy drinking, doesn't taste sweet or cloying at all. Medium carbonation, with a decent supporting bitterness that makes it easy to drink for the strength. Really like it👌🏼🍺
IMG_20230414_223243__01.jpg

Is it full on Brett Leon. How old is the can, has it retained any of the Saison character
It wasn't mucky farm yard, can said it would be citrus and lemony and it was. Nice and tart. Yes it had a nice saison character. I don't remember seeing a canned date. I am sure it had a date on there. Will check tomorrow. Deya still have it on their website. Its aged in steel barrels.

It wasn't mucky farm yard, can said it would be citrus and lemony and it was. Nice and tart. Yes it had a nice saison character. I don't remember seeing a canned date. I am sure it had a date on there. Will check tomorrow. Deya still have it on their website. Its aged in steel barrels.
Brett can sometimes dominate the original beer, leaving very little of it's character.

Started tonight with a pint of Landlord, then one of my Golden Ales.
Now onto @samale tripel 9%😳.
Good looking beer with a nice fluffy head, nice lacing on the glass. Really pungent fruity aroma, maybe pear and berry. Flavour has pear , melon and maybe a little tangerine.. really tasty. No heat from the alcohol or astringency. For 9% it's really easy drinking, doesn't taste sweet or cloying at all. Medium carbonation, with a decent supporting bitterness that makes it easy to drink for the strength. Really like it👌🏼🍺
View attachment 84454
It's still young for a tripel

View attachment 84436
Phwoahr, this is full, fresh and hoppy!
Pleasantly suprising as its BBE date is 20.01.2023 a NEIPA from White Hag brewery Co. Sligo Eire.
Biden would have done well to drink a fresh one of these.
Unfortunately I suspect he had only kegged Guiness.
White hag is a fantastic brewery and the head brewer is a yank so Biden missed out lol

IMG_20230414_190540.jpg

Had this with the pizza,
Turns out I'm not a fan of rye ale.
Or perhaps it's because it's BBE is 03.01.2023 .
Then on to an oaked 8.5% blonde.
IMG_20230414_201800.jpg

Very pleasant, then things get a bit hazy......
BBE of this is 12.01.2023, just tastes nicely mature to me.

View attachment 84455
Had this with the pizza,
Turns out I'm not a fan of rye ale.
Or perhaps it's because it's BBE is 03.01.2023 .
Then on to an oaked 8.5% blonde.
View attachment 84456
Very pleasant, then things get a bit hazy......
BBE of this is 12.01.2023, just tastes nicely mature to me.
Cornet oaked is a lovely beer. Got a 4 pack with a glass in Brussels airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back