What are you drinking tonight 2023.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Skinners well and even tried to save it by drinking all their stock. I’ll be sure to give the new guys a try when we’re next in Cornwall.

They've got some good beers, a couple of IPA's were particularly good, although the sessionable saison at 3.5% was absolutely dreadful. Press release said that they would continue with Betty Stoggs and some of the other Skinners staples which is good.

Bit of Oakham citra🤩
IMG_20230412_182649.jpg

I think this is my first ever bottle of Orval!! Bit of research for the Brew like a Monk comp😂. It's easy to drink, but slightly disappointed. I was expecting more from this. On the plus side - I've found an excellent bottle shop on the Wirral (Prost Bottle Shop for anyone local.... excellent selection of beers very reasonably priced👍).

Attachments

• IMG_20230412_211013_943.jpg
    IMG_20230412_211013_943.jpg
    50.7 KB
I think this is my first ever bottle of Orval!! Bit of research for the Brew like a Monk comp😂. It's easy to drink, but slightly disappointed. I was expecting more from this. On the plus side - I've found an excellent bottle shop on the Wirral (Prost Bottle Shop for anyone local.... excellent selection of beers very reasonably priced👍).
What was the bottling date?

It was the 30/1/23. I realised afterwards that I also added the yeast by accident, so that may have affected the taste. 🤔
Depending on your taste it was probably a little young. The better bottles I have tasted were 6-9 months from bottling, the Brett flavours had really started to make their mark. When I have used Orval dregs in a Brett pale it has been ok after 3 months but not much Brett character , after 6 months carbonation has increased and has really nice fruity flavours.

Depending on your taste it was probably a little young. The better bottles I have tasted were 6-9 months from bottling, the Brett flavours had really started to make their mark. When I have used Orval dregs in a Brett pale it has been ok after 3 months but not much Brett character , after 6 months carbonation has increased and has really nice fruity flavours.
Totally agree, it's great to taste as it matures. You can find a sweet spot that suits you're own personal taste.

Breakfast stout. Been looking to try this style after seeing the recipe on here. Absolutely delicious!!! Getting that lovely coffee flavour but with so much mouth feel and sure residual sweetness you don't get with dark beers normally. Will be adding something like this to the brew list without doubt.

Attachments

• IMG_20230412_203951.jpg
    IMG_20230412_203951.jpg
    32.8 KB
Thanks for that. If I stumble across another I'll give it time to mature👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back