What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had this earlier cooking the dinner. I mighty fine stout from @phildo79
IMG_20221101_175640938.jpg

Get set now for the Liverpool game, might need a few more after recent performances
IMG_20221101_191524632.jpg

Been wanting to try this beer for ages...couldnt resist when I saw that Beermerchants had it in stock.
Tastes great, much more traditional hops than alot of the UK Italian Pils that seem to be a little fruitier.
High fresh grass/ spicy aroma. It's bitter, floral with a bit of lemon and spice
IMG_20221101_191415.jpg

I thought this was a straight up imperial stout. It's a dulce de leche imperial, if like me that means nothing to you. It's a sweet Carmel imperial. It's weird smell and taste
View attachment 77159
This just got poured down the drain. Not to my taste, too sweet and sickening. No flavour at all from the dark malts, the sweetness is too dominate

I thought this was a straight up imperial stout. It's a dulce de leche imperial, if like me that means nothing to you. It's a sweet Carmel imperial. It's weird smell and taste
View attachment 77159
This just got poured down the drain. Not to my taste, too sweet and sickening. No flavour at all from the dark malts, the sweetness is too dominate

Been wanting to try this beer for ages...couldnt resist when I saw that Beermerchants had it in stock.
Tastes great, much more traditional hops than alot of the UK Italian Pils that seem to be a little fruitier.
High fresh grass/ spicy aroma. It's bitter, floral with a bit of lemon and spice
View attachment 77150
I'm jealous you found one! Will need to keep my eye open for that bottle. The three I have had, Russian river STS, Pivo pils and WBDown Italian pils are all similar to your description and not fruity at all.

And after reading the dark beers thread figured I would sample the Baltic porter. I thought it was a month old now but it's only two weeks old and very nicely carbonated. Fermenting and serving from the same keg turns beer around fast, maybe a little too fast. I will listen to @foxy and let this one lager for another month, it should be perfect by then. It still has a hint of sulphur that clashes with the roast aroma. But then flavour is chocolatey sublime.

20221101_184114.jpg

I'm jealous you found one! Will need to keep my eye open for that bottle. The three I have had, Russian river STS, Pivo pils and WBDown Italian pils are all similar to your description and not fruity at all.
I was a little surprised when I got the email from Beermerchants showing new stock. I'm jealous you have Pivo😋
Although some of the UK brewery's definitely follow the German hop idea I think they must be going higher on the percentages of the modern German hops..this had more of a Hop profile to De Ranke XX bitter..not the same level or bitterness of course but the flavour profile..nice dose of nobleness..just Mittelfruh & Spalt select for next version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back