What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After a few Efes this Swartz. Not bad. Going to finish with a couple of Murphy stouts.

View attachment 77010
Murphys is a very underrated stout. Sweeter than Guiness and mainly drunk in cork where it comes from but not widely drunk anywhere else in Ireland but more popular than beamish both brewed now by Heineken. And not the same as they used to be as usual

Murphys is a very underrated stout. Sweeter than Guiness and mainly drunk in cork where it comes from but not widely drunk anywhere else in Ireland but more popular than beamish both brewed now by Heineken. And not the same as they used to be as usual
I’m enjoying it as a contrast to Efes, it’s very easy drinking.

IMG_20221029_195954.jpg

A glass of my fruity-pine west coast IPA - feeling a bit meh about the quiche. The short crust was made with half lard, half butter which makes it short but I also added Parmesan which also makes it short. So it was so short it just melted with eating, and the taste wasn’t the rich buttery flavour I was hoping. Ok ok I know it’s a beer thread … sorry 🫢
A2B68904-34C6-4D9A-8240-233733D7DC53.jpeg

A glass of my fruity-pine west coast IPA - feeling a bit meh about the quiche. The short crust was made with half lard, half butter which makes it short but I also added Parmesan which also makes it short. So it was so short it just melted with eating, and the taste wasn’t the rich buttery flavour I was hoping. Ok ok I know it’s a beer thread … sorry 🫢View attachment 77012
Quiche is just omelette pie 😂

Canned Murphys we get over here is brewed in Scotland I think.

I do like Beamish but not readily available.

Had Island's Edge when over in August, in no rush to try that again. Seems odd that Heineken brought out a new brand when they have two decent ones already.

My beers on this holiday tend to be a few Efes, a different beer, and finished with a couple of Murphys. This is my different beer for today, a 7% Baltic Porter brewed in Russia. It has a soft mouthfeel, smooth flavour of liquorice and cold pressed coffee, and the finish is dark bread crust malt.

F72C0576-F95C-4966-95AD-897DF0FE7784.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back