What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did some work in the brewery, time for a brown lager. Will definitely drop the brown malt down next time. Next to my Orval dregs that finally started going with a refeed. Only took 48 hours. They are old though, and it might be time to brew a Belgian table beer and then an actual Orval clone.

View attachment 76122
I have Saison made with Orval dregs, I need to bottle it this week

I made the saison with wyeast 3711 then added the dregs of a couple of bottles a few weeks ago. I will bottle now and let it condition. Hopefully it will be good for Christmas.
Will be interesting to see if it the Brett sticks out from the saison yeast.

Enjoying one of these now, very good.

20221009_150233.jpg

My ESB which has been bottle conditioning in the shed on the back paddock under the Dragon tree, temperatures average about 10 degrees. Is it the longer conditioning at cool temperatures which gives the brightness or just the longer time? Unfortunately I have drank the ones conditioned at 18 C

001.JPG

003.JPG

The last of my London Pride clone.

006.JPG

My ESB which has been bottle conditioning in the shed on the back paddock under the Dragon tree, temperatures average about 10 degrees. Is it the longer conditioning at cool temperatures which gives the brightness or just the longer time? Unfortunately I have drank the ones conditioned at 18 C

View attachment 76130

View attachment 76131

The last of my London Pride clone.

View attachment 76132
Time clears the beer regardless but cooler temperatures clear the beer more quickly than warmer temperatures. Also, cooler temperatures keep the beer fresh for longer.

First up @dave_77 American amber

Really like an American amber, nice hop aroma mixed with sweet malt. Again good flavour, not sure what hops you used. I get pine and light citrus.
Only down side is the colour, normally your beers are bright. This is a bit muddy looking
View attachment 76149
Haha yes...hops were Idaho gem, Chinook & a little Mosaic. It's a little ugly which is a shame as I like the colour. It is starting to clear a little now but still far from bright. I think my Gelatine is past its date just wouldn't clear.. had a bigger whirlpool and less dry hop to try and get it a little clearer 🤷🏽

Sure 21.5 litres
4000g Lager malt
700g Flaked maize (corn)
300g Wheat malt
17g Cascade @60m
10g Willamette @15m
5g Cascade & 15g Willamette @75c whirlpool for 20m
MJ M54 yeast.
ABV 5.2% a bit high for the style.
Bottled in January

Status
Not open for further replies.