What are you drinking tonight 2022?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My best bitter, brewed 11 days ago. The carbonation is spot on, hooked it up yesterday at 8 psi. S0-4 is a fast monster and it might even clear. I am also surprised by the bitter gold, it really meshes well in a bitter. Now I need to leave this one alone for 2 weeks. And also get another batch on top of the yeast cake.

20221008_152641.jpg

It’s a blend of dry yeasts 50/50 and then fermented right in the middle of the min/max temp for both yeasts at 13oC.
A saison yeast at 13c very interesting. Pilsner like with a Belgian character sounds like a fabulous combo.

@pilgrimhudd saison now
Very highly carbonated and really well balanced bready malt aroma and a subtle hop taste that dances in your mouth with the bubbles. Very smooth dry finish that hides the 7.3% very well. Bloody nice beer. Cheers for sending.
DA9BF325-59E6-4C88-AC56-688342879ED4.jpeg

Edit**
Just looking over your brewdays thread and I see this had cardamom in it,didn’t get it on the aroma but it’s there in the background on the finish. Very interesting.

Last edited:
@pilgrimhudd saison now
Very highly carbonated and really well balanced bready malt aroma and a subtle hop taste that dances in your mouth with the bubbles. Very smooth dry finish that hides the 7.3% very well. Bloody nice beer. Cheers for sending. View attachment 76102
Edit**
Just looking over your brewdays thread and I see this had cardamom in it,didn’t get it on the aroma but it’s there in the background on the finish. Very interesting.

Ahh that is interesting, I get a hint but thought it was just yeast esters and not really cardamom that I was tasting but maybe it does come through, glad you liked it anyway. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back