What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually one of the few from TR that doesn't include any flavourings.

*based on a conversation with a friend who knows a couple of people working there.
Well they have done a fantastic job with getting as much flavour out of the hops alone. The beer is very light and tropical. I assumed they used essence or hop oil of some sort.

Happy Friday all
First try of a bottle of this.
Bottled 6 weeks ago, full bodied, malty and an aftertaste of bonfire toffee (I used 0.5 kg Dark Candi suger)
First Gozdawa kit.
Went down to 1.005 after 3 weeks
IMG_20210212_145355.jpg
IMG_20210212_163213.jpg
IMG_20210212_163237.jpg

Last edited:
Well they have done a fantastic job with getting as much flavour out of the hops alone. The beer is very light and tropical. I assumed they used essence or hop oil of some sort.
I will check about the hop oil, or other hop enhancing products.

I’m starting the weekend with a guest ale. This one is from @Pennine and is a 7% Belgian Sour Blonde and I’m looking forward to it.

The beer is well carbonated and on opening the bottle the carbonation lifted the sediment a little. The beer is a beautiful golden brown colour tinged with an orange glow and capped with a thin white head that lasted. The beer isn’t fully clear as a result of the sediment lifting.

The aroma is making my mouth water already with a familiar waft of spice and bubblegum - so good. There is also a little orange or citrus lurking in there.

As soon as you take a sip your tongue is hit with the flavours of a really nice strong Belgian ale but almost immediately tangy marmalade takes centre stage. As the marmalade fades the flavours revert to sweet spicy bubblegum Belgian ale. At no point does the alcohol (remember this is 7%) come out of hiding.

This beer is very smooth and very flavoursome. I’m really enjoying it and could definitely drink more! Thanks very much @Pennine for sending me this lovely ale.

F16FB8DD-4AC6-45DD-859C-F5A1BD1FC784.jpeg

I’m starting the weekend with a guest ale. This one is from @Pennine and is a 7% Belgian Sour Blonde and I’m looking forward to it.

The beer is well carbonated and on opening the bottle the carbonation lifted the sediment a little. The beer is a beautiful golden brown colour tinged with an orange glow and capped with a thin white head that lasted. The beer isn’t fully clear as a result of the sediment lifting.

The aroma is making my mouth water already with a familiar waft of spice and bubblegum - so good. There is also a little orange or citrus lurking in there.

As soon as you take a sip your tongue is hit with the flavours of a really nice strong Belgian ale but almost immediately tangy marmalade takes centre stage. As the marmalade fades the flavours revert to sweet spicy bubblegum Belgian ale. At no point does the alcohol (remember this is 7%) come out of hiding.

This beer is very smooth and very flavoursome. I’m really enjoying it and could definitely drink more! Thanks very much @Pennine for sending me this lovely ale.

View attachment 41388
I had that beer a couple of week's back. As usual a cracking beer from @Pennine. Did you get the sour version as well

I had that beer a couple not week's back. As usual a cracking beer from @Pennine. Did you get the sour version as well

This is the sour version. I used the word “tangy” in my description because this is a pleasant and gentle version of sour. All the “sours” I’ve had up to now have been mouth-puckering and this wasn’t at all, just a nice tangy sour.

Helles up first to get it over with. Not a massive fan of lagers but trying to broaden the range. Nice enough malty with a sweetness and a bitter finish. Decent enough with the daughters signature spaghetti bolognaise. (She’s 23 and is learning to cook lol)

Attachments

• 2A1A68F3-9342-4B57-8221-5136406C45CA.jpeg
    2A1A68F3-9342-4B57-8221-5136406C45CA.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 40
Full Sale and the Citra are excellent and bursting with flavour but be careful because they are easy drinkers....
Had a brilliant day in the Galway bay tap house last year when lockdown had eased their of foam and fury dipa is lovely.
the 8 degrees stuff is good all over theIr range.
Had a few cans a while ago and one of the cans was half full so I sent them a message just to let them know not to complain. Sent be a big box of all their beers. Top brewery.

Had a brilliant day in the Galway bay tap house last year when lockdown had eased their of foam and fury dipa is lovely.
the 8 degrees stuff is good all over theIr range.
Had a few cans a while ago and one of the cans was half full so I sent them a message just to let them know not to complain. Sent be a big box of all their beers. Top brewery.
Hard to look past the full Irish from 8 degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back