What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The TR website has a brew sheet for Clwb listing barley, wheat, citra,Simcoe and mosaic and their house yeast...beer description.."this what happens when you slice peaches, mango and passion fruit into an IPA"...as if!

"this what happens when you slice peaches, mango and passion fruit into an IPA"...as if!

I bought those flavourings in preparation 😉

I don’t like the mango flavour so I won’t be using that. I may use pineapple and clementine instead. This would be fine for me because I’m not really trying to clone the beer, just make something along similar lines.

So...we need pale malt,wheat, it's a bit hazy,40 IBU,5.5%,citra, mosaic, Simcoe..I think I'd use MJ west coast or US 05...but then an ale yeast might work.. Liberty Bell? Then there's your flavours...same dose of each as per your plum porter. Bang most of the IBU in at the start with magnum then do a 100g each either at 80c hopstand or dry hop..I think I'd go American wheat style..

So...we need pale malt,wheat, it's a bit hazy,40 IBU,5.5%,citra, mosaic, Simcoe..I think I'd use MJ west coast or US 05...but then an ale yeast might work.. Liberty Bell? Then there's your flavours...same dose of each as per your plum porter. Bang most of the IBU in at the start with magnum then do a 100g each either at 80c hopstand or dry hop..I think I'd go American wheat style..

That all sounds good and in line with my own thinking so we’ll call that a plan. My next brew will be another batch of Belgian Tripel and the next brew after that is scheduled for the 26th. I’ll slot this brew in there. I have all the ingredients. athumb..

Just been savaged on a conference call. If I was in the office I'd be straight down the Red Lion but will have to make do with a Tinsel Toes instead. All v festive.

20210212_123243.jpg

Not enough of the fruit flavours from the hops alone in this beer. Like plum porter, although people might put plums in it, they pretty much all add flavouring.
There are not many hops that produce plum flavours.
With proper brewing techniques you should be able to get the desired flavours for this beer without ruining it with flavourings.

There are not many hops that produce plum flavours.
With proper brewing techniques you should be able to get the desired flavours for this beer without ruining it with flavourings.

I’d hope to not ruin it either way but whether I use concentrated fruit flavouring or hops I am in the end adding flavourings just the same. In this case I’m choosing to use some hops and some fruit flavourings rather than use big additions of hops alone.

I’d hope to not ruin it either way but whether I use concentrated fruit flavouring or hops I am in the end adding flavourings just the same. In this case I’m choosing to use some hops and some fruit flavourings rather than use big additions of hops alone.
I have tried that beer a few times. I would agree it uses some sort of essence for flavouring. Hops alone with cause it to be too dank. Looking forward to seeing your recipe

My mini keg of Wye Valley Butty Bach arrived, probably the closest thing to cask beer you can get at home, low carbonation, light bitternes, possibly a little colder than it should be, a beer I would be very happy to get in a pub.

I have tried that beer a few times. I would agree it uses some sort of essence for flavouring. Hops alone with cause it to be too dank. Looking forward to seeing your recipe
It's actually one of the few from TR that doesn't include any flavourings.

*based on a conversation with a friend who knows a couple of people working there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back