What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
😃😃😃
Brewing again tomorrow night. I need to get my 4 fermentors on the go to catch up. Or slow down drinking
Tough decisions
I’m the same. Been building up to brewing last 2 weeks. Got a 65l boiler at Christmas and haven’t fired it up yet. Hopefully tomorrow I will get time to brew a double batch

Took a break from the beer and had a bottle of yellow tail Chardonnay with dinner. Wife’s away to bed now so back on it. A black ipa with simcoe Amarillo and Columbus 7% very stout like viscous and syrup like. Haven’t had a good beer from lacada brewery but this one is ok. Gets slightly better with each sip. Aroma is good.

Probably my last. Raw oatmeal stout
IMG_20210206_233431828.jpg

I ag
Black IPA is hard to get right
i agree but it should taste like an ipa and look like a stout. This looks and tastes like a stout. Too much roasted malt. Bitter like a good ipa but just too much dark roast taste if that makes sense. The best I’ve had from them though

Sorry for the rubbish picture

20210206_233824.jpg

This is @Pennine 'everything good in the world' imp stout and blimey is it good. Smooth drinking, out of the shed, it's cold but I get coffee and vanilla for sure, dark as the night, perfectly carbonated. Says its 12% and you can tell...... but you can't if you know what I mean. I'm going to let this warm up and see what happens when it warms up.

Love it, thanks for sharing.

It works well for a stout. I have done a good few different styles. Works well for styles that you want a good grain flavour.
Hefeweizen
Stouts
I did a very good English style red ale

Check out @BeerCat everything he brews is a raw ale. I have had mixed success. Some really good but I have had a few with a slight after bite. It seems to be the more hoppy and light style's that are more difficult.
Respect for trying it and even more for trying it more than once. Will have a look cheers.

Sorry for the rubbish picture

View attachment 41038

This is @Pennine 'everything good in the world' imp stout and blimey is it good. Smooth drinking, out of the shed, it's cold but I get coffee and vanilla for sure, dark as the night, perfectly carbonated. Says its 12% and you can tell...... but you can't if you know what I mean. I'm going to let this warm up and see what happens when it warms up.

Love it, thanks for sharing.
That is an absolute monster of a beer. Would love one now 🙂

Never had the balls to do it. How did it turn out ?
English style red ale ? Sounds different
That's the review it got
Today I'm having an early start to take advantage of the fine weather, with an equally fine sounding English Red X Raw Ale by @samale ...

Aroma
Lovely hop aroma, herbal and fruity, lightly spicy and considerably more intense than I was expecting. Really lovely.

Appearance
Reddish brown with orange/amber highlights when held to the light. Very hazy but a beautiful creamy white head which stuck around all the way down. A lot lighter than it looks in the picture.

Flavour
Full flavoured with a really nice herbal, slightly floral and fruity hop flavour up front which is a little more subtle than the aroma would suggest. It fades to reveal a lightly toasty and biscuity flavour which is quite delicate but well balanced and blends nicely with the smooth bitter finish, and right at the end it trails off with a lovely nutty malt flavour.

Overall Impression
If I were to describe this beer in one word it would be elegant. It's what I love about an English IPA, it's not brash or overbearing in any particular way but everything works nicely together in a non-obvious way. Beautifully balanced between the hop and malt flavours, that classic pairing of fuggles and EKG which is a classic for a reason, with the Red X adding just a little more depth to the backbone. The grainy, nutty quality that comes through in the very end is lovely and really elevates this beer in my opinion, it has a raw malt flavour almost like a German lager which is an odd comparison for an English beer, but I wonder if that's down to the fact that this was a no-boil beer (hmm I really want to brew a raw German pils now to see if I can capture that 🤔 ). The bitterness is absolutely perfect for my taste, which is to be applauded because it's hard to judge with a raw beer, and it's very smooth, one of the advantages of late-bittering. I think this was loosely based on a beer I sent you at Christmas, but I honestly think you've done a better job. The hop flavour is much better for a start, possibly down to your yeast choice. This is my first experience with CML Pia (I used S-04) but I'll definitely give it a go with my next hoppy beer. This was an interesting and delicious beer and has certainly made me think of trying more raw ales (my only raw beers so far have been Berliner weisse) so many thanks for sending this mate and I look forward to the next one :hat:

That's the review it got
Today I'm having an early start to take advantage of the fine weather, with an equally fine sounding English Red X Raw Ale by @samale ...

Aroma
Lovely hop aroma, herbal and fruity, lightly spicy and considerably more intense than I was expecting. Really lovely.

Appearance
Reddish brown with orange/amber highlights when held to the light. Very hazy but a beautiful creamy white head which stuck around all the way down. A lot lighter than it looks in the picture.

Flavour
Full flavoured with a really nice herbal, slightly floral and fruity hop flavour up front which is a little more subtle than the aroma would suggest. It fades to reveal a lightly toasty and biscuity flavour which is quite delicate but well balanced and blends nicely with the smooth bitter finish, and right at the end it trails off with a lovely nutty malt flavour.

Overall Impression
If I were to describe this beer in one word it would be elegant. It's what I love about an English IPA, it's not brash or overbearing in any particular way but everything works nicely together in a non-obvious way. Beautifully balanced between the hop and malt flavours, that classic pairing of fuggles and EKG which is a classic for a reason, with the Red X adding just a little more depth to the backbone. The grainy, nutty quality that comes through in the very end is lovely and really elevates this beer in my opinion, it has a raw malt flavour almost like a German lager which is an odd comparison for an English beer, but I wonder if that's down to the fact that this was a no-boil beer (hmm I really want to brew a raw German pils now to see if I can capture that 🤔 ). The bitterness is absolutely perfect for my taste, which is to be applauded because it's hard to judge with a raw beer, and it's very smooth, one of the advantages of late-bittering. I think this was loosely based on a beer I sent you at Christmas, but I honestly think you've done a better job. The hop flavour is much better for a start, possibly down to your yeast choice. This is my first experience with CML Pia (I used S-04) but I'll definitely give it a go with my next hoppy beer. This was an interesting and delicious beer and has certainly made me think of trying more raw ales (my only raw beers so far have been Berliner weisse) so many thanks for sending this mate and I look forward to the next one :hat:
That’s an in depth review of a beer for sure. Sounded like it was a great beer fair play to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back