What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring plenty of cash there is a lot to tempt you with. Good selection of Belgians as well
I work in the Waterside, I knew they did some decent beers but thought it was mostly local stuff. Just get in for a jook.

I had my first Jail Ale last night, a cracking pint.
More here - Jail ale.

Jail Ale is a full-bodied, golden brown beer with a well rounded flavour and a rich aftertaste that will keep you coming back for more.
Picking up many premium ale awards, it is brewed in England’s highest brewery based at Princetown in the midst of Dartmoor, using Devon barley malted at Tucker’s Maltings in Newton Abbot.

• 500ml bottle
  • 4.8% ABV
  • Made at Princetown, Dartmoor, Devon
  • Multi-award winning beer
  • Produced by Dartmoor Breweries

1612205031546.png

Went to the Mcawber Tavern for lunch today, lunch was average but the beer on tap is Old Speckled Hen and Irish Red Ale. For my lunch went for the Salt and Pepper Squid, I suspect it was Skate with the flesh made to look like squid.
Needless to say the OSH was the driving force behind the choice of where we went. Got an excellent outside area by a creek but a storm was on its way so opted for indoors.
View attachment 40837
Salt and Pepper Squid/Skate.
View attachment 40838
Old Speckled Hen, just wish they wouldn't serve it so cold, takes 20 to 30 minutes to warm up, makes for a long lunch and still only managed 2 pints.
View attachment 40839
order 2 pints together foxy, and ask your other half to warm the glass up wink...

I had my first Jail Ale last night, a cracking pint.
More here - Jail ale.

Jail Ale is a full-bodied, golden brown beer with a well rounded flavour and a rich aftertaste that will keep you coming back for more.
Picking up many premium ale awards, it is brewed in England’s highest brewery based at Princetown in the midst of Dartmoor, using Devon barley malted at Tucker’s Maltings in Newton Abbot.

• 500ml bottle
  • 4.8% ABV
  • Made at Princetown, Dartmoor, Devon
  • Multi-award winning beer
  • Produced by Dartmoor Breweries

1612205031546.png
Tuckers Maltings don't malt barley in Newton abbot any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back