What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pint of my 80 shilling whilst I settle in to write
20210207_161653.jpg
up yesterday's brewday. Ever so slowly this is improving.

13A7DEFF-FDC3-4FE5-A819-194E863CF54F.jpeg
Weissbier I had split this batch with five litres going into a mini keg and force carbed and the remaining four litres went into a pair of 2L mini kegs with priming sugar, hard to say which is better. I think the force carbed one had a slightlycleaner flavour while this (the primed keg) has better head retention.

Either way plan to get a fresh batch underway shortly as it’s lovely.

1EC46468-7E31-46F4-88B6-212D1B159C9D.jpeg
Cloudwater Persistence is Utile Bitter Chocolate Edition (11%)

I have bought this before and find it is a rather nice twist on the typical ‘pastery’ stout, making use of dark bitter chocolate rather than doing a more typical milk stout. It is very much reminiscent of the best dark chocolate.

Sorry for the rubbish picture

View attachment 41038

This is @Pennine 'everything good in the world' imp stout and blimey is it good. Smooth drinking, out of the shed, it's cold but I get coffee and vanilla for sure, dark as the night, perfectly carbonated. Says its 12% and you can tell...... but you can't if you know what I mean. I'm going to let this warm up and see what happens when it warms up.

Love it, thanks for sharing.
I had a bottle a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. I've never managed to brew a dark beer anywhere close to as good as that.

First couple of pints of my Hop Harvest pale, kegged yesterday this is spot on already and very chilled out in the shed. I love this hobby athumb.. Only issues being getting a shoe full of snow on the way to the shed and then finding the lock frozen solid aheadbutt
IMG_20210207_183218.jpg

starting a brew of one of those tomorrow. have never even sampled one but have heard good things.
It’s a nice kit I ended up mashing some malted barley and using that instead of sugar or malt extract but it would seem it works not too badly even done with sugar from what others have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back