What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
87D32E31-2927-453E-8543-83707CBBFC90.jpeg
An extremely lively Youngs Mocha Porter kit beer

Occasionally when I open a mini keg to fit the tap I get a bit of foaming this one started off with a flood of brown foam which just kept going for a couple of minutes. I eventually managed to fit the tap and after ‘filling‘ a 1L jug and stirring was able to get a third of a pint into my glass.

I was honestly worried the keg had developed an infection in the keg (it had being fermented for 14 days and had had a stable gravity (1.009) for five days in a row prior to being put in mini kegs priming was at 6g/L which I wouldn’t consider excessive. The beer itself tastes decent their is no sourness or acidity it is smooth slightly sweet with a chocolate and coffee flavour it is basically as I was expecting. Perhaps I mixed up the sugar (as 10L went into a 10L keg, 5 went into a 5L one. So apart from being a nightmare to pour it tastes pretty good.

View attachment 43555
An extremely lively Youngs Mocha Porter kit beer

Occasionally when I open a mini keg to fit the tap I get a bit of foaming this one started off with a flood of brown foam which just kept going for a couple of minutes. I eventually managed to fit the tap and after ‘filling‘ a 1L jug and stirring was able to get a third of a pint into my glass.

I was honestly worried the keg had developed an infection in the keg (it had being fermented for 14 days and had had a stable gravity (1.009) for five days in a row prior to being put in mini kegs priming was at 6g/L which I wouldn’t consider excessive. The beer itself tastes decent their is no sourness or acidity it is smooth slightly sweet with a chocolate and coffee flavour it is basically as I was expecting. Perhaps I mixed up the sugar (as 10L went into a 10L keg, 5 went into a 5L one. So apart from being a nightmare to pour it tastes pretty good.
When I used mini kegs 15g for the whole keg was the limit.

When I used mini kegs 15g for the whole keg was the limit.
Should probably say these are the stainless steel ones (Dark Farm) rather than the more traditional ones, so they can normally take it, but yes as it doesn’t seem to have any off flavours I am strongly suspecting that this was accidentally over primed, or it’s an extremely benign infection.

My 'Red Scare' IPA with Citra, Mosaic & Galaxy. First AG in a long while after a Razorback Kit on Boxing Day 4 weeks in the bottle, 7.5%. It's better than expected despite changing the recipe the night before brewing when I had a few Stout in me.

Attachments

• 20210320_170320.jpg
    20210320_170320.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 35
Watching a film and liked the look of some wine some people were drinking. Not had a glass of wine for the best part of a year! Decided that’s what I’ll be drinking tonight.

My favourite wine is Cabalie (centre) but it’s too cold so I’ve opened an everyday Shiraz to stop me drinking the Cabalie until it’s ready. Wife is having a mulled wine.

EF350A2F-34BE-46C8-A83D-43297D623CD1.jpeg

After another day of diy and then cleaning out my kegerator ,beer lines and taps and cleaning empty kegs I’m having a lovely ipa from Donegal. Had to lift my kegs out to clean so will have to let them settle for a few hours. Lamb shanks are in the slow cooker for tonight. Cheers all.

Attachments

• 147E5341-B4A2-4202-A2B0-CC0E7A503644.jpeg
    147E5341-B4A2-4202-A2B0-CC0E7A503644.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 39
Watching a film and liked the look of some wine some people were drinking. Not had a glass of wine for the best part of a year! Decided that’s what I’ll be drinking tonight.

My favourite wine is Cabalie (centre) but it’s too cold so I’ve opened an everyday Shiraz to stop me drinking the Cabalie until it’s ready. Wife is having a mulled wine.

View attachment 43561

A Tony Laithwaite special.

View attachment 43561
Have you watched Sideways about two guys who go wine tasting tour in California really good film.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back