What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had tried Worthington E from a bottle years ago when the yeast could be harvested from the bottle. It was a nice drink then. Last time I was in the UK I bought one knowing it was going to disappoint and it did it was served from a keg through a frozen flooded font!
The recipe for Manchester Bitter which supposedly is a clone of the early Boddingtons is in the current BYO provided by the brewer of Marble Beers brewery. Described in the article as 'a love letter to Boddingtons Bitter' I think the hops will make it a bit different from a real Boddingtons but.
Boddington's: I've followed someone down the "original Boddington's recipe" rabbit hole. (you?)
The only conclusion I could see from the recipes shown there, throughout the years, was constant change, especially of hops used.
I think it came down to as few and as cheaply as was available at the time.
In essence I think it was bittering that was required, that and being fermented to dryness to enhance it.
Which is exactly what it uniquely was,
it certainly cleaned the pipes! 🍺

I’m having a ruby ale while watching the England-Switzerland game. I do know the results but missed the game because we spent the weekend out with friends at Portsmouth and on the IoW.

IMG_7008.jpeg

IMG_20240709_191149.jpg

We have visitors on Thursday, and seeing as tomorrow is car club pub night, tonight is BYO QC night.
My Hoppy Darkish Bitter..... is!
Most of the haze is fine dispensing bubbles, but there is a little haze too.
Peculiar as the other smaller cask of it has dropped perfectly clear.
Who knows why, I don't.
Especially as the clearer one had much more trub from the fermentation cask.
IMG_20240705_192529.jpg

As I'm here, here is Sunday's missing catch up.
(it was SWMBO'ds b/day so I was house-elf for the day).
First up was my Camden recombined Amber.
Consumed a little too fast due to dinner preparation.
That's fresh pea pods there.
IMG_20240707_200837.jpg

Then Primitivo of Puglia for the steak main course.
IMG_20240707_200317.jpg

Had in front of the TV, Wimbledon, Football and the F1.
Good grief!

Latest posts

Back