What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian pale ale for me. Then a couple of good whiskeys before bed.
Still miserable weather.
Glass was a present from daughter in Canada.
IMG_1905.jpeg

Yesterdays drink and my personal beer of the year Poe's Boston Bitter.
IMG_1251.JPG

Tonight's tipple Fullers London Pride clone coming a close second to Poe's.
IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

And bringing up the rear a Bass clone, looking forward to the next brew of this and adding 'some body'.
Reminds me of a Melbourne gangster, Mick Gatto, ex boxer he had shot Benji Veniamin a hired killer, and when the police searched his car he had a body bag in the boot. When asked by the police, 'Why the body bag' he said, 'I am keeping it for somebody' or could he have meant, some body. True story.
IMG_1254.JPG

Had a small glass of my usual "Hazy Daze", except this time I used the Mango Madness yeast.
I'll stick to Verdant next time.

It's fairly flat, despite being fermented under pressure and served at 20 psi.

Should it have more pressure? Any ideas how I can make it slightly more fizzy? I'm not after a lager style fizz, but would like a bit more.

Pacific Ale by Stone and Wood. Interesting story behind Stone and Wood started by three young brewing enthusiasts who worked at Fosters, sold their brewery and a couple of others they had acquired sold their interests to Lion for $550 million not bad for a hobby-led business. Bloody refreshing beer it is too.

The official recipe as per an ex Stone & Wood brewer is
OG 1.043
IBU 24
60% Pils malt
40% Wheat Malt
Galaxy @ 20min – 6 IBU
Galaxy @ 10min – 9IBU
Galaxy @ 5min – 9 IBU
Galaxy @ 0min – 1.3g/L
Galaxy Dry Hop – 3g/L - 7 days
Yeast – Safale – US-05

IMG_1256.JPG

The usual suspect to bring up the rear is Poes Boston Bitter.
IMG_1259.JPG

Had a small glass of my usual "Hazy Daze", except this time I used the Mango Madness yeast.
I'll stick to Verdant next time.

It's fairly flat, despite being fermented under pressure and served at 20 psi.

Should it have more pressure? Any ideas how I can make it slightly more fizzy? I'm not after a lager style fizz, but would like a bit more.
That's not the yeast fault. You still need to carb it depite it being fermented under pressure. How is it currently stored ?

Back