What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never see this up our way, a very nice drop.
I've seen a few clone recipes for this, tempted to give it a go.
20240607_184335.jpg

Last of the Belgian Abbaye single, Tettnang and Styrian Goldings.
Stayed resolutely hazey but a fair first attempt at the style.
20240607_194004.jpg

A Witbier from @The-Engineer-That-Brews

1000072016.jpg

My shitty kitchen lighting makes it look darker than it is, but when held up to the light is light gold with appropriate level of haze. Appropriate level of head on the pour, which faded to a thin layer of fine bubbles.

On the nose is spice, some light notes of banana, a touch of juicy fruit bubblegum coming through on the back end.

Flavour is grainy firstmost, then spice (clove/pepper) and some citrus notes.

Mouthfeel is quite dry and a quick finish. Refreshing and the interplay between the spices and hops works well, but perhaps a tad too bitter for me (possibly hop selection or perhaps leaning towards sulphate?)

Overall a really decent beer and representative of the style. Personally would like a bit more carbonation.

For sure much better than the last one I made which turned out slightly sour and I overdid the coriander on.

A Witbier from @The-Engineer-That-Brews

View attachment 100449

My shitty kitchen lighting makes it look darker than it is, but when held up to the light is light gold with appropriate level of haze. Appropriate level of head on the pour, which faded to a thin layer of fine bubbles.

On the nose is spice, some light notes of banana, a touch of juicy fruit bubblegum coming through on the back end.

Flavour is grainy firstmost, then spice (clove/pepper) and some citrus notes.

Mouthfeel is quite dry and a quick finish. Refreshing and the interplay between the spices and hops works well, but perhaps a tad too bitter for me (possibly hop selection or perhaps leaning towards sulphate?)

Overall a really decent beer and representative of the style. Personally would like a bit more carbonation.

For sure much better than the last one I made which turned out slightly sour and I overdid the coriander on.
Great feedback! Many thanks - I’ll have to go and check what I did for the water on that one. Hops was a ludicrous 61g of Saaz at 2.1%… 250g of lightly crunched coriander seed and some dried bitter orange peel

Well, I didn't take a picture because it was a mess.
When I was bottling the Hazy Daze (in signature), the last 3 were way too cloudy, but it seemed a waste to throw them away.

Opened 2 of them this evening. Managed to get half a pint between them.

Absolute bottle bombs the minute I took the lid off.
They only had a teaspoon of sugar in them.

To be fair, I hadn't chilled them either and they've been sat in the conservatory. The others are in the shed where it's been a lot cooler
I'll dump them in the fridge and leave them a week and I expect they'll be a lot easier to open.

Back