What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
European steam pilsener on tour - Tettnang, Saaz and Hallertau Blanc.
20240606_192115.jpg

It's Margarita time !
20240606_203624.jpg

Could you tell the difference ? My missus "made me" do a blind taste test of three different vintages of a whisky (can't remember which one) but there was a 10 yo, 12 yo and 18 yo. I preferred the 12. The 18 was too smooth (I know that sounds a bit daft).
The 10 is a bit smoother than the 12 but the 12 has more depth of flavour and the colour is darker in the 12 compared to the 10. The black bush has a very distinct flavour. I could tell the difference in age due to colour I think.

Happy Friday all, starting with a Munich Helles.
I waved goodbye to my Campervan today… The better half has gone away in it with a friend, first time driving, first time putting it on the chocks in fact first time for everything, I might have a couple to calm my nerves 😂

IMG_3827.jpeg

IMG_20240607_184502.jpg

Evenin' all.
First up in the Sun is my new Bitter.
Still! not totally bright.
Maybe it won't.
Hits the spot though.
Smooth, hoppy and........... bitter.
Just the job.
Next up:
IMG_20240607_191856.jpg

The tail endings of my Kent hopped pale ale.
So rich, malt and the hops.
I'm sure the floaters would settle if left long enough.
Nah, that's not going to happen! 🍻

Christ, this is drinkable.

1000071994.jpg

Swapped usual hops (Progress) for Bramling Cross and EKG. Fermented under pressure as left it at room temp, but it's very clean (despire it getting quite warm at points).

My photography is ****, but it's a clear deep copper. This was with the half priced Crisp malts from GEB, tap water, and a pack of Beòir I won at NAB so was basically free.

Back