The 'Recommend me a TV series' thread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Suspect" on Netflix with James Nesbitt.

Each episode is only 23 mins and its filmed like a stage play with never more than two faces on screen at any time (and sometimes the second face is a reflection). There was something nagging me for the first couple of episodes until I figured out what they were doing.

Anyway, unusual staging apart (or maybe because of it) its addictive.

Probably late to the game, but I'm binging The Bear. Takes a minute to get going, but once it does it's very good.

Tried to get into it but failed. Will have to give it another go.
same. many people have recommended it to me. but the first episode seemed too horror genre for my liking. i also am going to have to try it again

We got as far as the one with the torture chamber and that was it.

Try presumed innocent great twist at the end
Also those of us who are about to die

Not Dark Matter on AppleTV. Could be me but got fed up half way through episode 2. Taking too long to get anywhere and the clicky sound effect when switching between 'threads' is getting annoying. Its supposed to be science fiction, we've had a lot of fiction but the closest we've got to science is an MRI scanner.

Maybe it all kicks off in episode 3 :laugh8:

Maybe it all kicks off in episode 3 :laugh8:
I managed to stick with it for half a dozen episodes, it just seems to meander aimlessly without any real concept of what's going on, while somehow inexplicably retaining a very high opinion of itself.

It's the Joe Biden of TV series.

Shane Meadows - gallows pole...gritty and the most natural acting...based on a true story too...sorry if already mentioned

Just finished Ted Lasso.

I'll be honest, I'm not really a soccer fan and the wife detests it, but we both thoroughly enjoyed it.
Honestly, one of the best things I've ever seen. The thing is, the whole premise could be Rugby, Hockey, Cricket or *insert team sport here*. The sport itself is really rather irrelevant. I'd say that the actual playing of Football is probably less than 0.5% of the entire series. You get maybe anywhere between 10 and 30 seconds of playing per episode.

And many episodes don't have any football at all.
Yep, I was hooked from the start but it took my wife a couple of episodes to get into it. After that she absolutely loved it. So well written and acted that you end up relating to all of the characters. There’s talk of another series. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Talking of Ted Lasso, I saw James Lance on Saturday who played Trent Crimm - he was being interviewed at CarFest.
Came across as a really nice guy. The reason his character grew to what it was, was because he sold it to Jason Sudeikis.

Coming soon
Martin Clunes is Filming in Oxford and Bristol at the moment
Mother's Pride.

Mother’s Pride, described as “a comedy drama about a failing pub”.

The comedy drama plot revolves around a divided community and a grieving family whose lives are changed by brewing real ale and entering the Great British Beer Awards.

Coming soon
Martin Clunes is Filming in Oxford and Bristol at the moment
Mother's Pride.

Mother’s Pride, described as “a comedy drama about a failing pub”.

The comedy drama plot revolves around a divided community and a grieving family whose lives are changed by brewing real ale and entering the Great British Beer Awards.
It sounds like something Alan would suggest on I'm Alan Partridge.

Anybody else watching The Bear?

Its brilliant. Not Breaking Bad/House of Cards brilliant, a different type of brilliance.

Back