THBF Spring Thing! (13th to 15th May 2011)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hello all

The forum is now well and truly established thanks to our enthusiastic members! We are pleased to announce that next year we are able to hold our first ever THBF event.

The plan is still in it's infancy but we are keen to let you know what we have up our sleeves!

It will happen in May 2011 - exact weekend to be confirmed.

It will happen at http://www.churchendbrewery.co.uk (Midlands, near Atherstone and Nuneaton)

We are able to camp for free in their huge beer garden, and the weekend will be as follows:

Friday
For those that want to, brewery beer and curry, and camp over night.

Saturday
BBQ breakfast
Cob Web Away - Walk or Cycle Ride
Beer Tasting Competition - Judged by the Brewery!
Brewery Tour
Head Brewers Q&A
Food (tba)
Brewing Chat in the bar
Sleep

Sunday
BBQ Breakfast
Cob Web Away - walk or cycle ride
Brew with a brewer *this is to be confirmed with the brewery, depends on their schedule.
Go home and lie to wife

Who fancies a bit of that ?

Sounds good Wez :thumb:

Need to check my work rota against which weekend it will be and make up a plausible excuse for mrs mc ;)

Hope to be able to confirm dates in the next few days

Out-bleedin-sanding. I want some of that!

Speaking personally though, is there any way you could publicise/organise something for the philistines (errr ummm, sorry - wife and kids) who really don't want to be involved in the beer related activities and will in no way wish to be part of it - and therefore wish in no way for me to be part of it?

:oops:

Tony said:
Out-bleedin-sanding. I want some of that!

Speaking personally though, is there any way you could publicise/organise something for the philistines (errr ummm, sorry - wife and kids) who really don't want to be involved in the beer related activities and will in no way wish to be part of it - and therefore wish in no way for me to be part of it?

:oops:

I am sure we can orgasnise something and on behalf of THBF i would like to thank you for offering to give up your time to organise this :clap: :clap: :clap:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Is there a train station nearby?

I'll pick you up on the way if you like BB.
I will probably stop in a local B&B though tbh, as I don't have the requisite gear for camping.

Will this be camping only on the beer garden or will weekend gypsies be alowed. If not I might find a caravan site near by leave the Mrs and the dog there and come over for the brewing stuff. :thumb:

markp said:
BarnsleyBrewer said:

I will probably stop in a local B&B though tbh, as I don't have the requisite gear for camping.

I have a 4 berth tent if you want to borrow it Mark.

Nearest station is Atherstone although Tamworth isn't far and I might be able to sort a coach from Tamworth which is more main line.

Caravans would be fine.

snail59 said:
Will this be camping only on the beer garden or will weekend gypsies be alowed. If not I might find a caravan site near by leave the Mrs and the dog there and come over for the brewing stuff. :thumb:

markp said:
BarnsleyBrewer said:

I have a 4 berth tent if you want to borrow it Mark.

Thanks for the offer buddy, I'll let you know nearer the time if I can make it and if you've still got room in the car..

Thx :thumb:

BB

Very interested, but anno domini 64 and camping don't exactly go hand in hand!
I shall have to start googleing for the local hotels :thumb:

I was born in Atherstone!!!

Def up for this. Have a couple of tents if any one needs to borrow but would have to be picked up from my place as will be on a bike ( motor that is)

Wez I also have a large party gazebo (3m by 9m) that can be used again will need a large car or small van to pick up but I am only about 15 miles away in Coventry

must be some thing in the water round there as there is another brewery less than 5 minutes away called the Tunnel Brewery :grin: do a lovely pint of LATEOTT :drink:

Latest posts

Back