Who's coming To THBF Spring Thing! (13th to 15th May 2011)?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you attending The Spring Thing?

• Yes

• No

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Quick Question, are there any take aways, chippy, chinese etc within walking distance or maybe somewhere for a breakie sunday morning.

dennisking said:
Quick Question, are there any take aways, chippy, chinese etc within walking distance or maybe somewhere for a breakie sunday morning.

Not within walking distance, but the plans (yet to be announced and finalised) are for bring and eat BBQ breakfasts and a taxi run/delivery service for Chippy, Chinese and Indian Take aways. I'm working on agreeing set meals and prices at the moment :thumb: the BBQ will of course be available at all times for whoever to cook on when they want. (Gas to make it easy)

I'll be there. I'd like to try and enter a beer for judging if I can get all my kit together in time. Not expecting to win any awards but I'd definitely like the constructive criticism.

Virgilartois said:
Not expecting to win any awards but I'd definitely like the constructive criticism.

Agree, although people that drink my beer always say its good I`m sure people will say that anyway, especially as its free. Looking forward to the judgement of our peers.

I'm going...i got a pass :)

I've booked my hols from work... :D

I don't have time to brew any of the beers apart from the weizen...it goes straight in the bottle :thumb:

Plus i'll bring some suitabley odd(ish) weisen's with fruity priming ingredients... ;)

How do I get there... :?

Farmbrew said:
Where are you coming from?

Click on the Spring Thing button in the forum banner and you will find location, directions and trains in the second paragraph.

I think I mentioned before that I have a party gazebo that is 6 meters long and 3 wide and fully waterproof that can be used BUT some one with a large car or van needs to pick it up and return it as it wont fit on the back of my bike :D

As MD rightly said all polls can be set with a time limit. I set it to close a couple of months before the event as it's too late to do much re organising now :thumb:
We will know before the event how many beer entries there are going to be as they all have to be registered before the event.
I hope this clarifies things.

Farmbrew said:
I'm going...i got a pass :)

I've booked my hols from work... :D

I don't have time to brew any of the beers apart from the weizen...it goes straight in the bottle :thumb:

Plus i'll bring some suitabley odd(ish) weisen's with fruity priming ingredients... ;)

Jump in callums suitcase as a stow away. :D

UP

muddydisco said:
If Wez want's it Growler, I'll offer to collect it at some point and deliver ;)

Yes we could use that, what are the exact dimension so that I can sort it with the brewery :thumb:

Just a thought, but would the brewery consider selling sacks of malt etc. to us. They can probably make a bit on each sack and it would still be a bit cheaper for us all.

I'm coming along. Not sure I can get there until the Saturday though. Will I have missed it all by then?

I'm entering three beers in the competition: a session beer in the "up to 1.040" class and two in the Church End Brewery class. I'm looking at three Church End Brewery possibles as I type this...

Jon

Friday is just a meet up and a bit of a social, the comp and tour is on the Saturday

Glad to see so much interest!

Due to a rather upsetting family matter I have not been on the forum much but please PM me any questions you have and I will try to answer them as quickly as I can.

Thank you for posting your interest here, to be a bit more "in the know" ahead of this event we have opened up another poll here that we would be grateful if you could also post on (if you really intend to come!)

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=14825

Cheers :cheers:

Latest posts

Back