South east Essex group network

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Runwell-Steve said:
no beer to swap though I don't do bottling.
Nor do I, or Dennis I believe. There were no beer swaps last time, just a good old drink and chat :thumb:

I notice this is called South east Essex group, but as we are meeting in London, it may appeal to other members in South East England. Do you think we should widen the audience.

Runwell-Steve said:
I notice this is called South east Essex group, but as we are meeting in London, it may appeal to other members in South East England. Do you think we should widen the audience.

Absolutely, everyone's welcome.

dennisking said:
Andy can you make it.

I was all set for another meet up :thumb: , had made sure that I wasn't needed for work on the Sunday but by the looks of it I've got a surprise 80th on the 12th in Bexleyheath.I only found out yesterday but I said I'd go.
He's the last of my Mum's side of the family left and feel I should do my bit for my mum :cry: .

Sorry lads, was a good night last time :cheers:

Andy

So, it looks like this might be a small party.

If you are planning to attend can you please post here or PM me, I don't want to be Billy No Mates.

If there are not enough perhaps a new date may be required.

Really sorry I had to pull out, unavoidable circumstances, and would be very interested in rescheduling.

if this is meeting in London, I might try and get a pass....

thread subscription added :thumb:

The pub we meet at last time is about 100 yards from Tower hill underground, a few hundred yards from Fenchurch street. The more the merrier. Always happy to try any pub.

dennisking said:
The pub we meet at last time is about 100 yards from Tower hill underground, a few hundred yards from Fenchurch street. The more the merrier. Always happy to try any pub.
Just a shame my train comes into Liverpool Street. Never mind, I can walk, or get a taxi.

There's some good pubs South of the River, The Rake for example in Borough Market, or maybe Market Porter if the The Rake is too busy. Or of course we could go to Covent Garden and enjoy the delights of The Harp.

Lots of good pubs about, but really what is most important is people, so if you are coming let me know.

I'm happy to meet in Liberty Bounds as well, great pub.

I travel through charring cross every day :)

just need a pass from SWMBO

EDIT:
I have a friend who works in The Railway Tavern (Green King) Liverpool street :clap:

It seems there won't be many of us and it would be good to see Dennis & Andy. Any objections to rearranging for another date?

I travel to the City (Liverpool St) every day so know most of the pubs around there. The White Hart does have a great selection? I'm not sure the Railway Tavern is open at weekends is it?

I believe the railway is open on weekends,

no harm it hitting a few pubs for a bit more variety :P

This might be worth a try. I worked for years around this area and it used to be a Watneys pub :sick: there are lots of pubs around this area, some will be shut at weekends.

Runwell-Steve said:
I think changing the date would be a good plan.

:thumb: Sounds good to me Steve, bit gutted about next weekend. Defiantly can't do Saturday October 26th, babysitting and 2nd November, my birthday.

The 9th Nov is my sons 1st birthday so that's out for me. How about 16th, 23rd or 30th?

Back