santas winter warmer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine finished at 1.014 and it's still very sweet so hopefully yours won't be too dry. You never know, it might turn out just right for your tastes! Good luck!

after a couple of days crash cooling I have finally got this in the bottles - I took your comments on board about the lack of carbonation and added a wee bit more spray malt to the batch prime - Muntons say 85g I say 120g.
So that's just over a month fermenting (primary and secondary fermention) - pitched two batches of yeast, yeast nutrient and a packet of dry beer enzyme.
The enzyme has resulted in a low final gravity and ABV of around 7% !!
I don't know how good this brew will taste but it's certainly strong!

I have been advised because of the enzyme not to leave this too long before drinking it - How long is too long?

If I had any of mine left I'd offer you 2 bottles of mine for one of yours, just to try it. Say what they will about Munton's quality and customer service, but you wound up with a 7% SWW. Chances are, it'll be dry as a bone but, round xmastime, it might be simply perfect. Hope it is! Let us know!

philip5660 said:
I have been advised because of the enzyme not to leave this too long before drinking it - How long is too long?

When the bottles go BANG! That was too long :rofl:

Bottles going BANG scares me! they're in the hotpress so I don't really want santa's juice dripping through my ceiling!
Well I'll give them a few days in there then put them into storage in the garage - I think I'll brave a sample around Christmas just to see.
Virgilartois if it's good I'll send you one - but i'm not optimistic!

Back