Old beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this count? Brewed 1982.

Attachments

• IMG_20240716_113813.jpg
    IMG_20240716_113813.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
I didn't brew it, but I have some 14% trappist stuff that's about 6 years old.
No idea what it's like. It's a 750ml bottle, so far too big for me for a session. I'd be wobbly halfway through it!

Actually, I've got about 3 of these. A dark and 2 blonde.

I keep meaning to take it to Brew club. I used to go camping with mates who enjoyed stuff like this, hence why I bought it, but everyone has dropped out from camping since Covid.

Oldest of my own is the Simply Mead Ginger thing. That's about 9 months old. I've got saison I brewed for the Missus, but it's got a funny aftertaste and she doesn't really like it.

I have a similar few bottles of braggot remaining from that era. Didn't we collaborate on the recipe and decide that smoked malt didn't really cut it? In fact it's mellowed out nicely in the meantime.

Haha, yes I was reading the thread yesterday, I last had a bottle 2 years ago and sent one in to a freestyle comp for a laugh, it didn't do to badly if I remember!

Well the original question was just asking about your stock. Not whether you brewed it or not

1.5 years, although it contains microbes that have been reused continuously for around 100 years.
I'm fairly sure those microbes will also have generated an anaerobic environment to help preserve it too 🤭

Last edited:
my lambic sour is 2 year 2 months,
my risky business is 2 years 6 months
my wvb barley wine is 3 year 3 months
my no10 impy is 3 years 8 months

There aren't many left of each of these. from 3 to the oldest to 18 sours.

they have to live in the shed so normally for most styles 2 summers is normally the limit.

No. It sort of came with the house and it never occurred to me to drink it.

I'll open it up this week. And see if I can culture the yeast.
That'd be interesting to see if the beer tasted any good at all, and what you can get from the yeast. Keep us informed!

Latest posts

Back