Morello Cherry wine.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alcoholics_R_Us

Reaction score
Just found 4.2 kg of cherries left in the freezer from this summers crop from me tree! :oops:

So........from a recipe I got from god knows where.......

4.2 kg of de-stoned Morello cherries.
200g of blueberries.

One food processor later :thumb:
In the pot, bring to the boil, then leave to cool.

Bung into 25ltr bucket, add yeast nutrient(1 gm), pectolase(2 tsp), campden powder(2tsp), citric acid(2 tsp).
Add 2.5kg of sugar, make up to 11 ltr with water which gave me an approx SG of 1.102, left for 24 hours then added 1 tsp of wine yeast.

Now bubbling nicely, will leave on the pulp for a week and then strain pulp through muslin cloth into a fresh 25ltr bucket, will let you all know how it goes! :cheers:

Roy.

Sounds nice. Ive got a black cherry wine kit on at the moment. Cant wait to try it. Do you have any pictures?

tbert33 said:
Sounds nice. Ive got a black cherry wine kit on at the moment. Cant wait to try it. Do you have any pictures?

Is it the Wilko kit? I bottled mine mid December but going to leave it in the bottles until about may time. Also got a cherry WOW on the go that smells rather nice.

This sounds like it should be a lovely wine, keep us updated on how it goes!

It is Stevie. Went for a browse the other day on my lunch break. Cant complain at £8 a kit. Its a good fermenter - it bubbled over the other day and went on the sofa and the carpet... other half isnt happy lol!
Really looking forward to drinking it. Let me know what you think of it sir. Fingers crossed its a good one.

Bugger, I've now got 22 bottles of the stuff ready to go at 12%(already had some made before this post!!!) :party:

Cheers.

Roy.

tbert33 said:
It is Stevie. Went for a browse the other day on my lunch break. Cant complain at £8 a kit. Its a good fermenter - it bubbled over the other day and went on the sofa and the carpet... other half isnt happy lol!
Really looking forward to drinking it. Let me know what you think of it sir. Fingers crossed its a good one.

Same kit as me! I read that someone had good results for it so I thought it was worth a shot at £8. I'm tempted to try some on my next days off, but I've read that red wines take about 6 months to age properly.

Sounds nice, I did a couple of demijons of cherry wine this summer but it came out too watery and insipid so I mixed it with a DJ of rhubarb wine which was too acidic and a couple of bottles of strawberry wine which were too sweet and have made a nice wine! phew.

Well i am literally having my 1st glass of this wine and i think its fantastic. Well worth a try!!!

Latest posts

Back