Brexit thread [Poll added]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If we had another vote which way would you now vote?

• I voted remain i would now vote leave

• I voted leave i would now vote Remain

• I voted remain and would again

• I voted leave and would again

Results are only viewable after voting.
Was it everything that was hoped for and sold to us? No, far from everything.

There was, and still is rubbish quoted on both sides (inc this thread) but it’s happened and we need to make it work. So stop all the bitching and get on with your lives, the sun still rises in the morning so look at the positives.

And for the person that says what positives, you’re blinkered and biased, which is human nature.

Just get on with it.

There was, and still is rubbish quoted on both sides (inc this thread) but it’s happened and we need to make it work. So stop all the bitching and get on with your lives, the sun still rises in the morning so look at the positives.

And for the person that says what positives, you’re blinkered and biased, which is human nature.

Just get on with it.
That's about the most meaningless platitude I've ever had the pleasure of reading. Must make a note of it.

"Oh you're not feeling well. Well stop whinging about it, things could be worse, look on the bright side. What? No bright side, you ungrateful person. You're not dead are you? Count your blessings ffs."

Just get on with it.

No

I hope you don't mind Me asking, in what way are you happy. Has Brexit had any effect on your day to day life. Have you noticed any change at all for better or not
Brexit initially helped me as, starting from summer 2020, I started feeling there was much less competition (I am a contractor), then the day rate went up. However, starting from last year, things started falling apart and, unfortunately, the only way is down
I did not vote for Brexit and the result was a total surprise. However, it seems to me now that Brexit is reaction to globalisation that led us, collective West, losing our grip on the world, increase of conflicts, increase in the wealth gap and increase in global migration.

Last edited:
looking at the figures on this poll it is not indicative of how the country voted as 75% voted remain and 25% voted leave not the 52% against 48%. I would have expected the figures not to be exact but they are nowhere near the original figures

looking at the figures on this poll it is not indicative of how the country voted as 75% voted remain and 25% voted leave not the 52% against 48%. I would have expected the figures not to be exact but they are nowhere near the original figures
well perhaps a few are embarrassed to say the voted leave now they seen the outcome haha

well perhaps a few are embarrassed to say the voted leave now they seen the outcome haha

Its the government who should be embarrassed they lied they are about to find out how little those voters who trusted them think of those lies and how Brexit has turned out when Labour win a super-majority next Thursday.

1719494541014.png

Saturday 28 July 2018

1 - 'The money saved from leaving the EU will result in the NHS getting £350m a week'
One of the most prominent claims made by the Leave campaign was that the UK would take back £350m a week once it had left the EU – with the sum going to the NHS.
The UK Statistics Authority has since said this was a “clear misuse of official statistics” – most notably because the figure did not take into account the money the UK gets back from the EU after paying into the budget.

2 - 'A free-trade deal with the EU will be 'the easiest thing in human history'

3 - ‘Two thirds of British jobs in manufacturing are dependent on demand from Europe’

4 - 'Turkey is going to join the EU and millions of people will flock to the UK'

5 - 'Brexit will lead to Scotland renewing calls for independence'

6 - 'Brexit does not mean the UK will leave the single market'

Full details of all six can be found here

Last edited:
Actually now I look back, what should have happened is a referendum to vote to leave and then a referendum to vote on the final deal offered perhaps? It feels like we were asked to vote on a promise that does not yet have appeared to be kept. I still want less layers of government. each layer is a finger in pie type of gravy train for the incompetent to gravitate to. All paid for by US.

If it was clear that the government was truly incompetent I would not trust them to achieve a good brexit outcome. My view then would be to keep the status quo until someone who is more capable is in charge. Yet, given previous governments it just seems organised chaos to me is the norm. Therefore reduce the layers of incompetency and hopefully the cost. Lets not forget the expansion of the EU - Tony Blair had some influence here. Maybe if it had stayed western Europe it would have been less contentious. should countries that are in parts over 2000km away have a say in legislation the uk agrees to adhere to?

I for one minute do not believe that as the forum poll is secret and anybody can vote without revealing who they are maybe it is just how the profile of members are made up on this particular forum and that is what I was pointing out that is is not indicative of the general public 52/48 split

Last edited:
Well who was supposed to have said "what do we do now", on the morning after???
The guy who was trusted to run our country in 2019 .... and after him his fellow populists tried to take over the asylum.

What I'm more interested in is what will the younger people say in 20 years time about this shambles? "It was their finest hour"?

Its the government who should be embarrassed they lied they are about to find out how little those voters who trusted them think of those lies and how Brexit has turned out when Labour win a super-majority next Thursday.

View attachment 101172

Saturday 28 July 2018

1 - 'The money saved from leaving the EU will result in the NHS getting £350m a week'
One of the most prominent claims made by the Leave campaign was that the UK would take back £350m a week once it had left the EU – with the sum going to the NHS.
The UK Statistics Authority has since said this was a “clear misuse of official statistics” – most notably because the figure did not take into account the money the UK gets back from the EU after paying into the budget.

2 - 'A free-trade deal with the EU will be 'the easiest thing in human history'

3 - ‘Two thirds of British jobs in manufacturing are dependent on demand from Europe’

4 - 'Turkey is going to join the EU and millions of people will flock to the UK'

5 - 'Brexit will lead to Scotland renewing calls for independence'

6 - 'Brexit does not mean the UK will leave the single market'

Full details of all six can be found here
UK statistics authority actually called it out during the referendum campaign. It was known about, he was known to have lied, people chose to ignore it.

UK statistics authority actually called it out during the referendum campaign. It was known about, he was known to have lied, people chose to ignore it.
Which then basically gave him a mandate to continue to lie about anything he wanted, which he proceeded to do and now we're in the mess we're in as a result.

Combination of confirmation bias and media manipulation.

And it was a stupid non specific question to ask.

Lots of people struggling and you effectively ask them if they either want to stay as they are, or change something?

Of course many people voted for change.

Hubris on Cameron's part.

Latest posts

Back