What are you drinking 2024.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like Malbec atm and this is a nice one.

IMG_3904.jpeg

Late to the thread with my two penn'orth.
My student flatmate lived on, and was the son of an egg 'farmer' farm near Newbury.
He said they could make the yolk and shell ANY colour they liked with the correct chicken feed ingredients.
The only thing they couldn't do was to prevent 'odd shapes' and multiple yolks in young layers.
Hence when he returned from a visit to his home farm we (5 lads) had a gross of misshapen multi-yolked eggs.
Oh, and a barrel of his brother's home brew beer.
An enjoyable, sessionable, straight-forward simple clean ale.
Sometimes I think we forget these simple things in our strivings to make 'great beer'.
I'll get my coat.... 🚶
And an abundance of omelets I would imagine. I am visiting the UK for a moth in August all being well, I am looking forward to duck eggs for breakfast. The duck eggs over here have chicks in them since the Asians cornered the market.

View attachment 101301
View attachment 101302
1st BBQ of the year for us. Garlic and red chilli sardines.
Preprandial of Found lager.
Has to be done.
Then a carried-home Cypriot Xynisteri grape dry white wine.
Great combo.
Still think it's very like a semillon grape wine.
I thought I liked spuds but I would have trouble getting through that many!

Cold weather here, snow on the high country time to hit the stouts. First a sweet and warming Milk Stout, just like velvet, and a pleasant alcohol warmth going down.
IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1193.JPG

It is the complete opposite but just as warming Foreign Extra Stout, a little stronger just as warming but unwise to drink before a Milk Stout.
IMG_1194.JPG

Rittmayer 1422, a pale Kellerbier. Very nice, low spicy/floral nose and a sweet malt finish.
View attachment 101313

This was a takeaway "growler" from the bar/bottleshop.
View attachment 101310

Hooked it up to a Kegland t-piece set up so I could serve through my keezer.
View attachment 101312
Interesting backdrop in photo 2.
My click lock bottle cap of Stelsan broke then leaked too.
I replaced the broken one with a standard cap and am being cautious with the remaining original.
Bad batch of lids perhaps?
Anyone else had the same?

Edit p.s. I wouldn't use aluminium foil to cap , the acid contents (phosphoric) will dissolve aluminium, and as a no-rinse cleaner you will get aluminium in your brews.
Not good.
I suggest using another plastic cap or multilayer cling film.

Last edited:
Interesting backdrop in photo 2.
My click lock bottle cap of Stelsan broke then leaked too.
I replaced the broken one with a standard cap and am being cautious with the remaining original.
Bad batch of lids perhaps?
Anyone else had the same?

I get it often and with different brands. Very annoying as can't seem to find any replacement lids around the house that will fit. I thought it was just me overtightening them.

The foil tap isn't in contact with the contents, it's just to keep the lid structure together.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back