General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.

In order of likelihood:

Clacton
Great Yarmouth
Ashfield
Boston and Skegness
Folkestone and Hythe
Basildon and Billericay

will bow to your greater knowledge i have not been following the English seats as closely tbh

very interested to see if Labour wipe out the SNP looks very close but with FPT there will be only one winner

1720102876691.png

Exit poll suggests that while it’s a Labour landslide, it’s noticeable that the number of Conservative ... seats will be higher than any of the pollsters predicted.
Actually I'm not too sad about that. As satisfying as it would be too see the Tories punted into the dark ages, a government without an effective opposition has to much freedom, no matter how benevolent.

Actually I'm not too sad about that. As satisfying as it would be too see the Tories punted into the dark ages, a government without an effective opposition has to much freedom, no matter how benevolent.

Well Labour are going to have a LOT of freedom anyway.

They’re going to have to use it to make some quick and bold changes, or I see a very real chance of them being given the boot in 5 years time.

Well Labour are going to have a LOT of freedom anyway.

They’re going to have to use it to make some quick and bold changes, or I see a very real chance of them being given the boot in 5 years time.
How can any government make any real time gains in 5 years. It's a fire fighting exercise at the minute, you need money to fight the fire. Hopefully a labour government is better for N. Ireland

How can any government make any real time gains in 5 years. It's a fire fighting exercise at the minute, you need money to fight the fire. Hopefully a labour government is better for N. Ireland
That's what the Tories are banking on. Drive the country into the ground for the 2 years before an election, then point the finger and go "look, them over there didn't do any better in the 5 years [they had to deal with the ***** we left them], time to give us back power"

That's what the Tories are banking on. Drive the country into the ground for the 2 years before an election, then point the finger and go "look, them over there didn't do any better in the 5 years [they had to deal with the ***** we left them], time to give us back power"
I totally understand that, unfortunately the normal person in the street suffers.

I agree, although I’m going to be optimistic for a day or two at least.

There’s things they can do, like immediately review planning applications, but most things are going to require a budget.

Back