Brexit thread [Poll added]

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If we had another vote which way would you now vote?

• I voted remain i would now vote leave

• I voted leave i would now vote Remain

• I voted remain and would again

• I voted leave and would again

Results are only viewable after voting.
Now I'm not sure if you've done this before but if you click on the link it takes you to an article that you can read.
In the article it says
"Australia is now a net importer (that is, we import more than we export) in six food categories: seafood, processed fruit and vegetables, soft drink, cordials and syrup, confectionary, bakery products and oils and fats."
From this we can theorise that more of these foodstuffs are needed in Australia than are produced in Australia.

And yes you are right that Thatcher was before brexit but you were the one making statements that were, at best, disingenuous. And businesses went abroad because Thatcher wanted to do union bashing rather than unions caused the emigration of business.

There is a human element to Brexit, not just trade figures.

Remember our much maligned EU "friends and neighbours"?

I keep reading reports about EU citizens who are still struggling with obtaining their EU Settled Status, some are pensioners with many years or even decades of lawful residency. One case from this morning, 80+ years old, held pre-settled status for five years, applying for full settled, being told there's no evidence of residency. I know it was just a ref. promise, but EU citizens were told it would be automatic. But of course the Home Office doesn't trust immigrants, "hostile environment" and all that. Don't bother with stories about foreigners fleecing the state .....

When will people, citizens and immigrants, say that Brexit has really improved their lives, and how?

There is a human element to Brexit, not just trade figures.

Remember our much maligned EU "friends and neighbours"?

I keep reading reports about EU citizens who are still struggling with obtaining their EU Settled Status, some are pensioners with many years or even decades of lawful residency. One case from this morning, 80+ years old, held pre-settled status for five years, applying for full settled, being told there's no evidence of residency. I know it was just a ref. promise, but EU citizens were told it would be automatic. But of course the Home Office doesn't trust immigrants, "hostile environment" and all that. Don't bother with stories about foreigners fleecing the state .....
This is part of the issue - lots of different people made promises about what Brexit would deliver and how easy it would be, but very few of them were ever involved in delivering those promises.

Interestingly the Welsh government is putting through legislation to actually penalise lying in politics: https://www.theguardian.com/politic...overnment-commits-to-making-lying-in-politics

Now I'm not sure if you've done this before but if you click on the link it takes you to an article that you can read.
In the article it says
"Australia is now a net importer (that is, we import more than we export) in six food categories: seafood, processed fruit and vegetables, soft drink, cordials and syrup, confectionary, bakery products and oils and fats."
From this we can theorise that more of these foodstuffs are needed in Australia than are produced in Australia.

And yes you are right that Thatcher was before brexit but you were the one making statements that were, at best, disingenuous. And businesses went abroad because Thatcher wanted to do union bashing rather than unions caused the emigration of business.
Australia exports 70% of food and imports 11% so the 6 food categories don't count for much. When China gave us the Tijuana for wanting an inquiry from where Covid was borne we had a bonanza of consuming our own Rock Lobster for Christmas along with our own prawns and Morton Bay Bugs.

Australia exports 70% of food and imports 11% so the 6 food categories don't count for much. When China gave us the Tijuana for wanting an inquiry from where Covid was borne we had a bonanza of consuming our own Rock Lobster for Christmas along with our own prawns and Morton Bay Bugs.
Facts why let them get in the way. (cf johnson & farage)
(And also gove, 'had enough of experts')

Latest posts

Back