General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.
Labour haven't announced how they will fund year 2 to 5 at least Nigel has given figures however back of a fag packet they may be.
IMO saying something that is provably wrong is worse than not saying anything at all.

Look at the damage the Trusspicalypse did when she came out with dodgy figures. And R*form's figures are even dodgier then hers.

If you hear credible figures for year 1 and nothing for year 2, at least you can make the assumption that when year 2's figures come out that they will be based in reality, even if we don't know what they are yet

He speculates that the Lib Dems (by default) may do very well in the election as
'The tories are incompetent, nobody knows what Labour stands for and Reform is vile.'
I'm quite surprised that the Lib Dems have such low polling numbers. Everyone who looks at it objectively says that they are a pretty reasonably middle ground. No-one seems to hate them and they come up with policies that most people agree with when you ask them (blindly, without saying who's policy it is). So I wonder why they always seem to do pretty lowly in the ballots. Is it a case that people are still angry at them over tuition fees in the coalition government, or is it just that the world is so polarising these days that no-one wants the middle ground - everyone wants an extreme?

When someone proves you wrong why can't you accept it and say you were wrong insteas of posting this nonsense?

Proof is a rather strong word mate. 😂

Their payed up members have zero voting rights on policy decisions or party direction. Looks like a party, certainly doesn't smell like one.

Can I also just add that Count Binface and The Monster Raving Loony Party are registered with the electoral commission. I would give more consideration to voting for either of them tbh.

Well i have made my mind up, i am not voting for any of them, the reason, Farage has one goal and that is to destroy the torys, Libs have no clue which leaves Labour who's sole aim is to take us back into the EU, i bet the rich peoples money is flying out faster than an RAF typhoon i know mine would be, but just like the titanic the band will still be playing

Well i have made my mind up, i am not voting for any of them, the reason, Farage has one goal and that is to destroy the torys, Libs have no clue which leaves Labour who's sole aim is to take us back into the EU, i bet the rich peoples money is flying out faster than an RAF typhoon i know mine would be, but just like the titanic the band will still be playing

well if labour's sole aim is to take us back into the EU someone had better tell Anas Sarwar because he is repeating the party line that there is no going back on either referendum votes have been counted, Brexit Stands full stop, Independence Dead full stop that his words in recent debates

Labour who's sole aim is to take us back into the EU
Where are you getting this information? I've not seen anything about this. If anything, Labour seem to just sit on the fence when Brexit/EU comes up.

Where are you getting this information? I've not seen anything about this. If anything, Labour seem to just sit on the fence when Brexit/EU comes up.

If Labour came out and said they would look at signing up to a Customs Union, they'd get my vote. Lib Dems are tiptoeing around it too, and will lose votes because of it.

Their payed up members have zero voting rights on policy decisions or party direction. Looks like a party, certainly doesn't smell like one.
The fact is you said not a party a limited company wich was incorrect it makes no odds what you think of their leader and contract they are still a party.

Brew SD2 Remember, not a party. A limited company

The fact is you said not a party a limited company wich was incorrect it makes no odds what you think of their leader and contract they are still a party.

Aye, but let's not mess about , they're a makey-up one. 😂

And that made up party is now in second place in the polls!

That doesn't meant that they should be excluded from deserved derision. It's more a sad indictment of where our politics is. Unfortunately their popularity in the polls will just convince the Tories to move further right.

And that made up party is now in second place in the polls!
They were on second place in one singular poll.
On the same day, 3 other polls were released showing the Tories were roughly 5 points ahead of them.
And subsequent polls also show the Tories ahead.

It's amazing that the post-truth crowd seem to forget that and focus on just the one aberrant poll

They were on second place in one singular poll.
On the same day, 3 other polls were released showing the Tories were roughly 5 points ahead of them.
And subsequent polls also show the Tories ahead.

It's amazing that the post-truth crowd seem to forget that and focus on just the one aberrant poll
I prefer the one where they were ahead ;)

I can't find the latest polls but this was collated on the 15th, most show the Tories have a slight lead on Reform.

https://www.markpack.org.uk/155623/voting-intention-opinion-poll-scorecard/
1718712862179.png

zoomed:
1718712937170.png

https://www.politico.eu/article/nig...or-candidate-vetting-praise-hitler-reform-uk/

Nigel Farage blames admin error for candidates praising Hitler

Nigel Farage blamed failures by a “reputable vetting company” for a slew of controversies which have hit election candidates standing for his Reform UK party in recent weeks.

One praised Adolf Hitler as “brilliant,” said he was “able to inspire people to action,” and called Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine “legitimate.” Another said Britain “should have accepted Hitler’s offer of neutrality” in the run-up to the Second World War....

Latest posts

Back