General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which party will you vote for

• Labour

• Conservative

• Reform

• Green

• SNP

• Lib Dem

• Still on the fence.

• Plaid cymru

• Local Independant

Results are only viewable after voting.
Well that didn't turn out well -

Glad the news room staff managed to screenshot it before they took it down. :D

1718890400382.png

BBC NEWS

Last edited:
You couldn't make this **** up. It's not just another candidate. This time it's the guy who's actually running the whole goddamn [sh*t]show!!!
Oh, what feigned surprise, what drama!
Of course they're on the take. Why the shock? It's who they are. It's what they do. And there'll be more before the fat lady sings.
:groupdancing:It's party time.

Now i know i am 100% right in not voting for any of the feckers they are all at it including the new kid on the block, see you here on the 5th when the new s--t show starts acheers.athumb..

As I said there will always be leaders and there will always be followers.
Good CEOs are as rare as hen's teeth and irreplaceable, whereas workers are 10 a penny and easily replaceable that is the reason for the disparity. Without a good CEO at the helm the boat, yacht, or otherwise would sink through a lack of investors.
Just look at the recent shareholders meeting of Tesla, approving somewhere between $46 and 86 billion US to their CEO Elon Musk as Elon Musk stated at the conference, without him and his optimistic drive, Tesla wouldn't even exist and 140,500 'workers' would not be employed

Well i watched the question time special last night even if it only had Lib Dem, Labour, Tory and SNP

Lib Dems - I have to admit Ed Davies does come across well and seems to be the only one being honest if we want better public services more tax will need to be paid, how they generate it is up for debate and the number might not add up, plus easy to make claims when you know you will not be in government. Audience gave him a pounding over the lies told when they were Tory bitches ie tuition fees etc Given a grilling over his handling of the Horizon scandal when in government

SNP - tbh not sure why they were here and not Reform, yes they have Westminster MP;s but only in Scottish seats they can not ever achieve power in Westminster or form the opposition, made some good points about independence but could not win over an audience that would not be affected by his policies. one audience member summed it up well - SNP have great at holding Tory lies and scandal to account, so comes a blow to see they are just as bad. dealt well with the question that SNP have a monopoly, pointing out they are a minority government and need other parties to pass bills, crowd took well to his pleas to stop the drama and work together to achieve common outcomes a them he has been trying to get across since he stumbled into power. Audience liked the Brexit is bad argument and made a good case why Scotland should look to rejoin. Also made good points that he would welcome any increase in devolution powers, but made it clear what his and his party's agenda is.

Labour - I was very disappointed again In Starmer 4 times he was asked to clarify statements he made about Corbyn would make a great PM, he refused to answer yes or no and crowd laughed, for some this shattered trust and few said showed they are all the same, he skirted round the issue but basically he backed Corbyn but as he knew they were not going to win it was ok! he needs to adopt a better response the audience did not buy it.

Tory - started ok but by the end was quite strong and some may rude to the audience around ECHR basically saying he was right they were wrong, very bad optics. National Service he dropped bombshells here and audience knew it only the fact he ran out of time or he be under that bus, so it is compulsory just the army or services part that voluntary, asked about how he waffled and shocked the audience when through out sanctions like driving license - so refuse and you are not allowed a license! loans and bank accounts the crowd jeered and laughed and Bruce asked what you will stop then using their bank accounts? rather than a no he just said we will explore options that other countries use

I have said many times I am not a fan of Starmer it's lucky for him the Tories have made such a mess of things or he may have struggled to win this.

Lib Dems - I have to admit Ed Davies does come across well and seems to be the only one being honest if we want better public services more tax will need to be paid, how they generate it is up for debate
He did come across as honest and he didn't avoid facing the tuition fees debacle or his role in the Post Office scandal. For the latter, he came across as honest and sincere. I find it hard not to trust this guy. I like Daisy Cooper, his deputy, too. She appears to be competent and sincere.
SNP - tbh not sure why they were here and not Reform,

Reform is not a credible party. They don't deserve the airtime and it was a good choice to leave them out. Treat them with the contempt they deserve, I say.
Frankly I'd prefer to see the Monster Raving Loony Party. They've got more history and they're more credible. No, I'm joking. There isn't a place for either of them.
Labour - I was very disappointed again In Starmer 4 times he was asked to clarify statements he made about Corbyn would make a great PM, he refused to answer yes or no
Starmer's rubbish. I waited a full hour and a half to see if he would tell us what his dad did and was disappointed.
He didn't need to dodge his support of Corbyn. Corbyn was the party leader, democratically elected by a mile, and he had a duty to support his leader or quit. Surely the public can understand that.

Got nothing to say about Sunak I wish he'd save us the embarassment.

Rishi Sunak's estimated net worth is £651m yet he only paid £0.5m in tax last year.

Why? Because he only 'earned' £2.2m.

First of all, that mean's he's only paying 23% on what he 'earned', which is annoying as someone that personally pays over 40% on their income.

Secondly, he only 'earned' 0.34% of his net worth, which is daft when you can buy government bonds that earn 4.6% for 1 year right now.

When he says that Labour will tax you more, he's most worried that Labour will tax him more. And they should.

Last edited:
Yeah, disappointed in Starmer again, he doesn't come across well, he should have nipped the Corbyn question in the bud in the first debate weeks ago.

Sunak.......what a car crash, could hear the audience shouting at him at the end, ouch.

Davey was the best there I thought, came across well.

I chatted to the wife over Swinney.

I actually think Farage should have been on there, think he needs to be asked tough questions. Give him the rope to hang himself.

I actually think Farage should have been on there, think he needs to be asked tough questions. Give him the rope to hang himself.
He won't hang himself with it. He's like Trump. Dodges any question and just spouts populist lies. I agree that he shouldn't be given airtime - his/Reform's "contract" is just from la-la-land and they're only one point more credible than the MRLP. They get way too much coverage. They should be treated with the contempt they deserve until (ifever) they come up with something grounded in reality.

He won't hang himself with it. He's like Trump. Dodges any question and just spouts populist lies. I agree that he shouldn't be given airtime - his/Reform's "contract" is just from la-la-land and they're only one point more credible than the MRLP. They get way too much coverage. They should be treated with the contempt they deserve until (ifever) they come up with something grounded in reality.

Not sure I agree, although I am in 2 minds about it admittedly, Trump had a howler in one of his debates with Biden in 2020 and lost 5 points in it, he came across as rude and flustered. Give Farage the chance to be seen the same way, you do see it occasionally when he gets questioned on his walk abouts, he gets quite petulant.

Not sure I agree, although I am in 2 minds about it admittedly, Trump had a howler in one of his debates with Biden in 2020 and lost 5 points in it, he came across as rude and flustered. Give Farage the chance to be seen the same way, you do see it occasionally when he gets questioned on his walk abouts, he gets quite petulant.
No matter how vile he is, his supporters just lap it up. Just like Trump. He has a similar cult following to Clarkon - when Clarkson punched one of his crew and got fired, his followers blamed the poor chap who got lamped and Clarkson came out of it with even more followers.

I have said many times I am not a fan of Starmer it's lucky for him the Tories have made such a mess of things or he may have struggled to win this.
He hasn't won it yet and he's not doing himself any favours.
"Many a slip twixt cup and lip" as they're wont to say at SNP branch meetings.
They should let Angela do all the talking and get the Maybot sound-alike Rachel Reeves (Grow the economy. Grow the economy. Strong and stable. Polly wants a cracker) and the Nazi lookalike Streeting, and especially Toolmakersson to keep their respective gobs shut.

Did you know that Starmer did some time in Northern Ireland doing something vague And he headed up a department for 5 years? Little known facts about Starmer. I wonder what he'd look like in a Batman uniform.

He hasn't won it yet and he's not doing himself any favours.
"Many a slip twixt cup and lip" as they're wont to say at SNP branch meetings.
They should let Angela do all the talking and get the Maybot sound-alike Rachel Reeves (Grow the economy. Grow the economy. Strong and stable. Polly wants a cracker) and the Nazi lookalike Streeting, and especially Toolmakersson to keep their respective gobs shut.

Did you know that Starmer did some time in Northern Ireland doing something vague And he headed up a department for 5 years? Little known facts about Starmer. I wonder what he'd look like in a Batman uniform.

Did you know his father was a toolmaker?

Latest posts

Back