Football Banter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wez

Landlord.
Reaction score
So does anyone on the forum follow a football team? Thought i'd start a football thread in case anyone wants to have a rant or gloat about their team :D

Might just be a good idea if anyone who does follow football comes clean and owns up to who they are ;)

Aston Villa for me :thumb:

i'm afraid football doesn't float my boat :roll: actually not alot of team sports do... i guess i'm a bit of a loner really :lol:

Wez said:
jamesb said:
Villa over here.

Nice one ;) not a bad start this season so far :)

I remain cautiously optimistic. They've disappointed me too many times after great starts. I think O'Neill is slowly making some real progress though.

They've disappointed me too many times after great starts.

:grin: yep, thats the Villa ;)

I don't get to go as much as I used to but a few years back i'd follow home and away only ever missing european away ties as a rule, do you get an opportunity to get to Villa Park?

I've been to some right games in the past, remember when Tranmere beat us 3-1 at Preton Park? I was up there - in the bloody snow, all paid for though in the return leg, man that's going back some now :lol:

Wez said:
They've disappointed me too many times after great starts.

:grin: yep, thats the Villa ;)

I don't get to go as much as I used to but a few years back i'd follow home and away only ever missing european away ties as a rule, do you get an opportunity to get to Villa Park?

I've been to some right games in the past, remember when Tranmere beat us 3-1 at Preton Park? I was up there - in the bloody snow, all paid for though in the return leg, man that's going back some now :lol:

God, that must have been when I was about 14. 15 years ago now.

I remember the ribbing I got at school the next day.

I'm still annoyed by that particular loss. And my potential father-in-law is a bloody Tranmere fan.

Vossy1 said:
Manchester United here :thumb:
I'm with Vossy. Despite being down south I was actually born in Lancashire - somewhere called Whitefield? Might be near Bury but, I'm not sure. Not been back since my family headed to oh so posh Surrey ;) Followed United as they were my Nan's team and she was a tough old northern bird that you wouldn't want to cross :D

PML

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The way you put that made Licher Weizen come outta my nose!

I've had £10 on the Villa to beat a well known cleaning product tonight :thumb:

Latest posts

Back