Cooling coil

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a snap on-snap off fitting, same as you have at the tap end. Just make sure there isn't a baffle at the cooling-coil end.
If that;s not working then you need to give as as clue a to what you're fixing it to. It's a bit vague, innit!

You need a snap on-snap off fitting, same as you have at the tap end. Just make sure there isn't a baffle at the cooling-coil end.
If that;s not working then you need to give as as clue a to what you're fixing it to. It's a bit vague, innit!
I have a Klarstein 35ltr mash kettle and the snap on/off don’t fit, most size jubilee’s are either too small or to big

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 0
I have a Klarstein 35ltr mash kettle and the snap on/off don’t fit, most size jubilee’s are either too small or to big
The ends of your coil look to be much smaller diameter than a standard hose pipe. You may need a short length of narrow tube that can slip over the end of your chiller and be held securely in place (either just by friction if it's the right size, or with a jubilee clip as well). Then an adapter to increase the size up to the diameter of the hosepipe. You can then either attach the hosepipe directly or via a hoselock connection (recommended).

I use hozelock style connectors at the tap end. You can buy adapters for your kitchen tap, mine had a thread so I could screw one on. It looks pretty nice actually.

As for the cooler end I still use jubilee clips. I used to have an issue with leaks when the pressure was high, even with 2 clips, but I recently fixed it by hammering a small flange into the end of the cooler tube using a scribing tool. Bit hard to see in the photo, but there's a lump before the first clip :)

Attachments

• IMG_20240707_084845.jpg
    IMG_20240707_084845.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240707_084815.jpg
    IMG_20240707_084815.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 0
Or you can get cheap barbed hosepipe adapters online.
(Other online retailers are available)
cheap adapters from china
But as it's mains water pressure, use jubilee clips like everyone else has told you.

And high temperature silicone hose on the hot side output is advisable to avoid the plastic hose being deformed by the near boiling water.

Or you can get cheap barbed hosepipe adapters online.
(Other online retailers are available)
cheap adapters from china
But as it's mains water pressure, use jubilee clips like everyone else has told you.

And high temperature silicone hose on the hot side output is advisable to avoid the plastic hose being deformed by the near boiling water.
I've always just used barbed connectors on the tap to connect my hoses to. Never needed jubilee clips when the hose is snug

Depending on the diameter of the chiller ends you might be able to use a John Guest fitting. The chiller that came with my brewzilla came with stainless steel compression fittings which I could attach normal garden hose connectors onto.

Latest posts

Back