Bridestone Brewery Ongoing New Build "Latest"

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful set up there, if you could use a jacketed tank for a FV you would get perfect temp control, my mash tun is 100 ltr jacketed and I found I needed 2 x 3Kw elements and one for the FV, I use gas for the HLT and Kettle.
Once again, congrats on a lovely build.
I am a small bit concerned that they store 60% alcohol in plastic, I was under the impression that the plasticizers would get disolved in anything above 40%.
Keep the photos comming :thumb:

Have been busy again today Cleaning up! & have some more photos/

Sprayballs and GP550 pump are the way to go.

Used 50ltrs of water and some oxi from aldi, worked a treat.

I had to turn the flow down considerably to take a photo of the sprayball.

4.jpg

5.jpg

The two brews are fermenting out great, the Timmy taylor clone has gone mad the krausen looks like a great big meringue.

It was a real pain trying to get photos due to the small openings on the barrels.

lagkrausen.jpg

2.jpg

My Timothy Taylor Clone krausen

3.jpg

My Timothy Taylor Clone krausen

Now that is just fantastic.

Was looking at 90l NO stock pots for my planned upgrade but these look so much better.

Did you say you could get some more?
(I know i'm a new member here therefore would expect to pay up front etc. and not ask you to accept deposits of 10 million dollars from my nigerian grandfather :D )

Homer

homers brew said:
Now that is just fantastic.

Was looking at 90l NO stock pots for my planned upgrade but these look so much better.

Did you say you could get some more?
(I know i'm a new member here therefore would expect to pay up front etc. and not ask you to accept deposits of 10 million dollars from my nigerian grandfather :D )

Homer

Yes I can get a ltd number of these, see my PM for full details.

Shane

Have tried My new false bottom today carefully and skillfully manufactured by Muddy Disco, & it fits like a glove, thanks for a great job muddy I can highly recommend your work.

Stainless-Steel-Mash-Tun-Bo.jpg

Can not wait to have a play again, Now is the small matter of at least a 25kg sack of malt.

UP

That does look good! Was it easy enough to to get in? I forgot about that measuring stick up the side?

muddydisco said:
That does look good! Was it easy enough to to get in? I forgot about that measuring stick up the side?

It slid in like a dream, without a hinge it would have been impossible to get in, it is a perfect snug fit against the sides, I am glad I didn't go for a wider diameter! The measuring stick doesn't get in the way as it does not go right to the bottom, so the false bottom fits under it perfect.

This false bottom looks better than Kylies in tusards!

UP

homers brew said:
Looks good UP. Can't wait till you trial it and let us know the results.

Any plans to add HERMS/ RIMS to the mash tun?

Homer

I already use a RIMS set up on the mash tun Homer, I use a March May Condensate return pump, as an underback, the pump sits inside its own stainless steel tank with level switches inside to turn the pump on and off, I put a PT100 probe in the underback, and heating is by a kettle element, fitted in the corner of the underback.

I find it works really well, and there are some pictures of the pump on page 1 of this thread.

UP

unclepumble said:
homers brew said:
Looks good UP. Can't wait till you trial it and let us know the results.

Any plans to add HERMS/ RIMS to the mash tun?

Homer

I already use a RIMS set up on the mash tun Homer, I use a March May Condensate return pump, as an underback, the pump sits inside its own stainless steel tank with level switches inside to turn the pump on and off, I put a PT100 probe in the underback, and heating is by a kettle element, fitted in the corner of the underback.

I find it works really well, and there are some pictures of the pump on page 1 of this thread.

UP

I didn't remember seeing the element in it, but yep, that makes sense. Also, teaches me to re-read the thread again before asking silly questions.

Tonight after work I got busy starting my new brew stand,
brewstand1.jpg

Uni Strut is great stuff as it bolts together really well and gives you a nice stiff sturdy stand without welding all thats required loads of 12mm Bolts.

I am hoping to have all 3 vessels and pumps etc fitted by close of play tommorrow, Not sure whether the pipework will be done by then though :?

UP

That unistrut looks easy to work with UP, is easy to get hold of?
Had look on their website, but no sign of distributors.

Good luck with getting it all sorted today :thumb:

Sean_Mc said:
That unistrut looks easy to work with UP, is easy to get hold of?
Had look on their website, but no sign of distributors.

Good luck with getting it all sorted today :thumb:

Unistrut is really easy to get hold of and very easy to work with,

these are very reasonable and next day deliveryOrbital Fasteners

For bits and bobs your local electrical wholesaler, or a plumbing merchants that deals with air con stuff should stock it too, I would be supprised if you can't get some in wrexham as you have plenty of industry that uses it, just have a look on one of the local trading estates.

Some more photos
2potsonstand.jpg

3potsonstand.jpg

pumpsonstand.jpg

gas-burner.jpg

standwithpumps.jpg

pumpsonstand.jpg

therminator-brewstand.jpg

I can't wait to get this plumbed up and working

UP

Back