What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting with a stout today because I know there’s only one or two pints left in this keg and I need another couple of kegs for my fermenting beers. I also have a fresh keg of stout waiting to go on tap.

F044235B-A555-4619-927B-C49AED83B0FD.jpeg

After a morning spent shopping with the wife and a lovely lunch in the pub (I drove as the beer is poor)
Home now to a left hand brewing st vrain triple ale.
Described as an American homage to a Belgian classic its American hops and Belgian yeast.
9.3% is a bit strong for a first beer but I would have had 2 or 3 in the pub if I had went to my choice. So 🤷‍♂️View attachment 56638
Beautiful that brewery is about 20 minutes from my place of residence. I really enjoy their milk stout, sawtooth ale, and ipa especially on draft at the brewery.

Didn't spot your post earlier, pilgrim.

Oatmeal stout off with @moto748 ! This is what home brewing is all about 🤣.

So... I think moto748's just nicks it if I'm being truly honest. Mine is well over carbonated (hence the head in the camden glass). Mine has a nice roasty aroma, roasty taste with a fuller body, I'd say moto's is medium bodied, a fruity aroma and flavour and truer I think to what the style should be. That said I'm happy with mine, I'd do it again, with less priming sugar!!

View attachment 56672

If only I could have put the head from the parsnip on the oatmeal, I reckon I would have had a really good beer!

I was reasonably pleased with mine taste-wise, just a but under-carbed. It is something I try to keep a close eye on. I'd reduced the priming from 2.4 g per bottle to 2.3, but would a what, 4% change really make that much difference? The parsnip is primed at 2.3/2.4, and comes our perfect.

Glad you enjoyed it, anyway.

I described that one as someone put umbongo in a hazy Jane. Wasn’t my cup of tea and I thought it tasted artificial

I know what you mean about the um bongo lol - but I like that flavour.

To be honest everything is lacking something and/or disappointing compared to 'Heavy Pop' by Overtone.

IMG_20211031_171314.jpg

Small polypin of the (not very) Czechish pale ale nearly finished, and needed for today's racking procedures.
Pouring disturbed the Lees a little, but opaquenes partly down to being in the fridge until polypinning complete, condensation haze on the glass.
That's my excuse anyway.
Here's another after wiping a bit.

IMG_20211031_171314.jpg
IMG_20211031_171909.jpg

Are you going back North or South ? Tuffins in Craven Arms in Shropshire has a good selection of Hobsons real ales in bottles plus many others from around the region & afar ! We moved up here from Cornwall / Devon due to job relocations . St Austell . Proper Job & HSD were staple ! Good Luck in your quest !!
That's interesting as currently in Machynlleth so could check out the Welshpool branch of Tuffins on the way back to Wolves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back