What are you drinking tonight 2021?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for an outing to the tescos extra in the big smoke today, well, Redruth.... I saw this little beauty and had to get it.

20211030_181412.jpg

First beer of the day is a very nice Trappist Single from @samale.
Nice fruity character from the yeast. Tasty beer,but does comes across slightly sweet. What was the finishing gravity?
I liked it but I think the bottle I had could do with slightly more bitterness and a little more carbonation to help with the perception of sweetness. Thanks for sending 🍺
View attachment 56649
Your review is spot on. It finished at 1.010. I like the flavours of the wlp550 but it's very slow. It spent 3 weeks fermenting. As you said it needs a higher carbonation to cut the slight sweetness plus more bitterness.
I have reused the yeast in a tripel.
On a different note I was at the Liverpool v Brighton Game today. Liverpool were poor and I was seated next to the away fans at the lower Anfield road stand. Good days craic

Oatmeal stout off with @moto748 ! This is what home brewing is all about 🤣.

So... I think moto748's just nicks it if I'm being truly honest. Mine is well over carbonated (hence the head in the camden glass). Mine has a nice roasty aroma, roasty taste with a fuller body, I'd say moto's is medium bodied, a fruity aroma and flavour and truer I think to what the style should be. That said I'm happy with mine, I'd do it again, with less priming sugar!!

20211030_200636.jpg

Your review is spot on. It finished at 1.010. I like the flavours of the wlp550 but it's very slow. It spent 3 weeks fermenting. As you said it needs a higher carbonation to cut the slight sweetness plus more bitterness.
I have reused the yeast in a tripel.
On a different note I was at the Liverpool v Brighton Game today. Liverpool were poor and I was seated next to the away fans at the lower Anfield road stand. Good days craic
I have been tempted to use that yeast but I have been put off by peoples comments about lag phase and being slow 🙄. Liverpool & Man City were coupon busters today👎🏼

Going on the dark beers now. A norn iron (parody of how we say Northern Ireland where I was born) porter 6.5% high carbonation. Says on the can it’s brewed with influences from Belgium and Bavaria I can taste neither in it but it’s a good porter never the less. A bit fizzy but good enough beer.
FE41643B-E632-43F1-BA0B-5EB650D56CE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely hilarious night at ours, the theme was steampunk. Vienna Lager got totalled, 1/3 of the Helles and 2/3 of the APA are still left over.
I’m the aviator, second left with the pocket watch. Also, I had a sudden realisation, 2 out of our 3 kids have left home and Mrs70 is already planning next years bash. Hallowe’en is going to run for a long time.
2CB7D792-EE14-46A1-875B-78A6D1345C21.jpeg
Signwriter in chief and her mate were a bit more contemporary with their fancy dress.
097F79EB-FED6-47ED-99AD-20421AFB9D2F.jpeg

Now where did I park my Zeppelin….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back